Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Body of Eli Horowitz Z"L Found!!

Smiles

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:27 pm
UPDATE 2:55PM EST: Yeshivaworld has just been informed that a positive ID has just been made by the OPP - and it is in fact the body of Eli Horowitz Z"L.
2:48PM EST:Yeshivaworld has just been informed that a body was found by a fisherman a few moments

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:32 pm
That is the best news in the world. Thank God. Thank God.

happyone

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:34 pm
OMG!!!!! I'm crying as I read this... Are you sure it's true? please include the link.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:34 pm
I think the best news in the world would have been to find him LIVING somewhere after suffering amnesia, but Baruch Hashem this story finaly has a conclusion.

shoy18

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:36 pm
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com.....itz+Z

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
I think the best news in the world would have been to find him LIVING somewhere after suffering amnesia, but Baruch Hashem this story finaly has a conclusion.

Maybe in the movies that would happen.

CAYA

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:44 pm
B'H I GOT THE CHILLS READING THIS

elmofood

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:02 pm
sorry but who is Eli Horowitz z'l ?

faigie

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:05 pm
I have to admit, its pretty amazing that his body was found,, intact enough for ID.

faigie

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:07 pm
the link isnt coming up for me.......

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:14 pm
So is now the proper time to say BD"E ?

faigie

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:31 pm
Eli Horowitz

Four years ago, on the night Chartered Accountant David Rosenzweig was killed, a twenty-six year old volunteer from Hatzolah - Toronto's Jewish Emergency Response Service - was among the first responders to that terrible scene at Bathurst Street and Lawrence Avenue.

From the moment he arrived, Hatzolah paramedic Eli Horowitz went to work on David Rosenzweig. He remained at David's side throughout the night, accompanied him by ambulance to hospital and then stayed on with David's family, paying particular attention to his children. Hours later,
Quote:
Eli returned to the scene to retrieve David's blood from the pavement. Such was the dedication of Eli Horowitz.

THAT is why he was zoche to have his body found...........

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:35 pm
so very sad for the family ... and bitter sweet to be celebrating a funeral ...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 7:31 pm
oh, wow ...........

amother

Post Fri, Jul 06 2007, 11:37 am
I received the following e-mail. I have no idea if it's true:
Quote:
Last August, Eli Horowitz, alav hashalom, 30, a volunteer member of the local Hatzola ambulance service, went missing in a boating accident at Lake Nippising. The body of his father in law was found shortly after the accident but he was not. He left behind a wife and 3 children. A massive search was held. People from Toronto and New York worked with the police, with the OPP in the search. His body was never found.

I will relate the following exactly as I heard it. A local student of Rav Preis, a beloved teacher and scholar, said the following. One day Rav Preis told his students that he had heard, in Europe, from a student of Rav Zadok of Lublin the following. If a body should be lost in a lake, take a flat challa, place a candle upon it and float it in the lake.

Now, let me fill in the players in this story. Rav Zadok of Lublin was a major Chassidic, kabbalist figure, living 1823-1900. His writings are deep and mystical. Rav Preis was not a chassid, but did relate this story to his students in the course of learning. Rav Preis had a Yeshiva here in Toronto with many loyal students.

At the urging of this student, who heard Rav Preis mention this kind of ceremony, a minyan of people, including a few prominent Rabbis, decided to go up to Lake Nippising this past Tuesday, the fast of the 17th of Tammuz, 11 months after the accident. There they would place the flat challa with the candle on the lake and recite Tehillim, recite Psalms.

As these 10 men were traveling to the Lake, 2 fishermen spotted a body in the Lake. The funeral for Eli Horowitz was held yesterday.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 06 2007, 11:47 am
hm ... definately interesting ...

whoami

Post Fri, Jul 06 2007, 12:40 pm
I heard that from Eli's sister, so it is true. One point though, this ceremony has to be on a fast day.

supermom

Post Sun, Jul 08 2007, 2:59 am
I have the chills. Baruch Hashem his body was found. BDE.

ButterflyGarden

Post Sun, Jul 08 2007, 6:48 am
I don't know weather to say B"H or BD''E. I'm so sad and so relieved for his wife. I'm also strangely happy that his wife and children and parents will get the closure of a funeral and will finally get to sit shivah. I'm in tears. This was true chesed from Hashem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics