Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you allow unlimited nosh on purim?
Previous  1  2

chanchy123

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 5:00 am
Almost, I prefer they finish the nosh off in one day and then just get rid of the rest. Instead of having the nosh party continue until Pesach.

life is fun

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 5:12 am
Yes I do. After having a proper breakfast of course.
And if one year they felt yuck or vomited (like dd 5 @ 3am this morning) they will remember it for next year. And they do remember if it wasn't worth it from previous years.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 8:57 am
My kids are 10-16. The older ones, self regulate, but my younger ones don't. I find it so hard the day after Purim to set limits/ monitor for the younger ones. Any suggestions?

miami85

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 8:58 am
My kids are pretty "self-regulated" as much as they gravitate to the nosh, at one point my 2 year-old was raiding the shalach manos and found a cucumber to munch on. My older kids do that too--my 4 year-old at a piece of meat at the seuda and my 6 year old likes nosh, but doesn't graze incessantly.

sky

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 12:59 pm
Yes.
They have to take a break for a good breakfast and lunch.
My 9 and 11 were great at self regulating. Even my younger kids weren't too bad. I offered some good options through out the day - but they still ate a TON of garbage. I don't think its too bad to binge for a day.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 3:58 pm
Yes. I don't believe in sugar high.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 5:10 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Yes. I don't believe in sugar high.

I do believe sugar high exists and is a problem for many kids, but it was never an issue in my home. I think some kids are affected differently.
I do allow as much nosh as they want on purim, since my kids are age 10 and up and I think that's too old to start fighting with kids about food. I find it ridiculous when I see mothers yelling at their 14 yr olds that they've had enough candy and to save room for supper (reminding them and then giving them the option to choose is something else altogether).

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 11:21 pm
My kids prefer the healthy fresh MM. These are the first ones gone. Actually, they don't last the day.

Since I normally don't have junk in the house, they never developed a strong preference for nosh, so I never had to stopped them. I'll end up giving most of it away to kids who see it as treasure as I do every year.

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:43 am
Yes
I don't feel I have a choice in the matter!!
I'm just very happy it's only 1 day of the year.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics