Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
My kids made hagadahs at school and....
Previous  1  2

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 1:12 am
I teach pre1a girls & see first hand there is only so much a teacher can do. Before working on our hagados each time we would wash & cover the tables, sweep the classroom, remove all chometz, have the girls shake themselves off & wash thier hands... But there will always be the kids that put thier haggada on the floor to finish something up during free play before you get a chance to say something... I wish I had a solution but you can't always be on top of every tiny detail every single second... Maybe have the child use it on top of a special "pesach placemat"?!

miami85

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 1:21 am
the chometz in backpacks isnt hot or usually big enough to create real problems. If it wereva regular book you just wipe it off. I dont think you are getting "hanaah" from it anyway. Right now im dealing with a bigger problem of possibly having left my child's haggadah home and we travelled far away!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Apr 10 2017, 1:56 am
amother wrote:
1) Don't be neurotic at your child's expense. If there are large crumbs inside the hagada you're fine according to halacha.
We have chumras because of yisroel kedoshim hi
THERE IS NOTHING HOLY ABOUT HURTING A CHILD

2) you can have it laminated

Totally agree! Wipe it off. Move on. And please please take the time to look at the kids hard work and let them use their hagaddahs! I am also a kindergarten teacher and know how hard the kids work and are so excited to show their parents.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics