Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Should I get a special ed masters?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 11:03 am
I currently work 30 hours a week in the accounting department of a company and make 50k a year. There is no where for me to move in the company because I am not willing to work any more hours. I would LOVE my summers off and to be on schedule closer to my kids as far as chanukah, winter vacation etc. I have a bachelors in accounting. I am thinking of going back to school to get a masters in special ed and then maybe doing P3 or seit. I dont want to work in the public school system because I want to be on my kids schedule. I dont want to teach a class because I don't want to spend too much time preparing and dealing with parents after hours. I know that P3/seit involves some preparation and parents. Would it be possible to make 40k a year without working in the summer? What is the hourly rate of P3/seit though the agencies these days? Anyone have any words of wisdom on the topic?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 11:28 am
Sorry I don't have advice for you. But may I ask; I want to take a bachelor's myself.
What's the difference between a certified CPA and having a bachelor's in accounting?
Thanks.

seeker

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 11:33 am
It would be possible to make 40k with no summer but it would be a huge headache. You're coming from a stable job with a salary and probably benefits. You need to think good and hard whether you will be able to cope with the adjustment to an unpredictable DIY format. I can explain better later if you need but gotta run now.

seeker

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 11:36 am
Also, do you have some special reason for wanting to go into special ed OTHER than summers off? Because that motivation is not going to take you very far in this field.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
Sorry I don't have advice for you. But may I ask; I want to take a bachelor's myself.
What's the difference between a certified CPA and having a bachelor's in accounting?
Thanks.

Earning potential.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries