Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Urgent: need photoshop course in brooklyn

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 12:49 pm
Does anyone know of a place, preferably in Flatbush, that offers courses in Photoshop?
Tia!

(amother cuz just had experience that may allow me to be identified)

cnc

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 1:53 pm
Devori Zutler

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 2:05 pm
First watch it on YouTube then see if you still need to go to someone else. Also if you don't know how to work the program because you are not computer savvy then think before you do a course because it really may not be worth it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
First watch it on YouTube then see if you still need to go to someone else. Also if you don't know how to work the program because you are not computer savvy then think before you do a course because it really may not be worth it.

Any links?

Redbird

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 3:12 pm
check lynda.com. It's free if you have a brooklyn public library card. https://www.bklynlibrary.org/lynda

Amarante

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 3:12 pm
There are excellent manuals for learning Photoshop as well. Some of these come with CD's or DVD's that enable you to practice the lessons in the book. There might be on-line sources for this kind of interactivity now as I was involved with learning Photoshop when people still read books :-)

As another poster wrote, what exactly do you want to learn and how to do you want to use it. If you know nothing about Photoshop, it is probably helpful to get a basic understanding of how it works and interact with it. You can then pick a course or courses geared specifically to what you need or want to learn.

I'm pretty handy with computers and programs but my experience is that it's hard to learn them in the abstract as the best way to learn a program is to learn how to do the specific things one wants to do with that program because most huge programs like Excel, Word and Photoshop have some many functions and uses that even the most experienced user doesn't use them all but only the ones that they actually need and then learn new stuff when they need to know it.

Of course, if you are getting certified in some kind of computer program, you would be talking more general courses.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 1:32 am
You guys are the best, thanks tons!
And, it's for my kid, not for me; he really knows his way around this kind of thing.
Really appreciate all the replies, thanks again.

Amarante

Post Fri, May 05 2017, 7:30 am
For your kid, especially if he is handy with computers, I would especially have the same advice.

Do you have Photoshop on your computer. I ask because there are currently the full Photoshop and the less expensive consumer version which still has amazing functionality. I believe also that Photoshop has gone over to a monthly licensing mode - but that's easy to verify if you go to the Photoshop site - which also has instructions etc.

There are are also a lot of forums such as this except for Photoshop users :-) and I have found that people on "help" or information forums are very generous with sharing their expertise when I've posted questions. So for your son, let him know that is a great option if he wants to master specific techniques or has hit a roadblock with a project he is playing around with.

But for a kid who is handy with computers, I say that the best way is for him to learn his basic way around the program on his own because even if he then opts for a beginner's course, he is SO ahead of the game in having some experience with working with the program and can then use time with the instructor to great ability.

And one on one tutoring is also a great option. There would be so many people in the community who know Photoshop and would then come to your house and work with him in terms of learning exactly what he wants. My friend has done this and really finds it works well. It also has the advantage of letting your son and his tutor work on your son's computer and so they can do projects together because the key learning tool for Photoshop (or most computer stuff) is to actually play around with the Program so that one internalizes it.

If you have Photoshop already loaded, have him start using. If you don't have it, you can download it for only a monthly commitment as I recall. And then just have him start using it as I started using Photoshop years ago :-) by deciding what I needed to do and then using books with CD's to master the basics of the program and then go on to more specialized learning of what I needed and/or wanted to do with the program.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries