Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What expenses come up as kids grow?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 5:15 pm
I'm in middle of negotiating a child support agreement for divorce. We have little kids and I need to project some common things that could be likely to come up over the next ten years or so as they grow and new needs come up. Looking at needs, not extras, but I think you might consider something a need if it's something every other kid has even if it isn't food and water. Please help me make a list.

So far I thought of:
Summer camp
Orthodontia
Tutoring/therapy

cnc

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 5:18 pm
Simchas (Bar Mitzvahs etc)

zigi

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 5:25 pm
glasses, teffiliin,

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 5:28 pm
School trips/ shabbatons etc.

debsey

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 5:30 pm
Boys tend to grow fast and can be hard on their clothes. Girls tend to "need" whatever is in style in their social milieu. (oversimplification, but you get what I mean)

Enrichment classes/lessons - sometimes a kid needs a boost or a way to make friends outside of school, so these become less a luxury and more of a necessity.

Gifts for teachers, principals and the like.

Hug Hatzlacha. Sounds like you're going through a rough time.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 22 2017, 5:56 pm
amother wrote:
I'm in middle of negotiating a child support agreement for divorce. We have little kids and I need to project some common things that could be likely to come up over the next ten years or so as they grow and new needs come up. Looking at needs, not extras, but I think you might consider something a need if it's something every other kid has even if it isn't food and water. Please help me make a list.

So far I thought of:
Summer camp
Orthodontia
Tutoring/therapy

Your lawyer or mediator should be able to tell you what things are normally included in a divorce agreement. They have extensive experience and often think of things that others wouldn't. My agreement included tuition, summer camp, all medical and dental expenses, college, therapy, extra-curricular activities, in addition to regular monthly child support that could be used for regular expenses like clothing, school trips etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics