Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Weaning

avigayil

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 10:48 pm
Hello All,

Soon, B'H", my son will be reaching 1 year of age. I plan on starting the weaning process after this.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this successful and non-traumatic for him?

Thanks!

stem

Post Thu, Apr 07 2005, 10:56 pm
I would take out one feeding every week or two. Taking it slow will ease the transition for the baby and for you too - you won't get engorged.
Start with the least crucial feeding and end with the one the baby needs the most, like the before bedtime feeding.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 10:26 pm
since I'm B"H expecting, I started cutting down as well.
I work, so the easiest feeding to stop was the 1-2 while I was away. (I stopped pumping.) I switched to formula and/or frozen milk. If your dr has given the okay, you can probably substitute the "meal" with cow's milk. If he's used to that drink, don't stop it altogether, give a bottle/cup of milk or juice.
So basically...cut down on one feeding at a time. give it time for him and for yourself (you don't want too much engorgement.)
usually the first and last of the day feedigns are the last to go.
good luck and let me know how it goes cuz I might end up cutting down more myself...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics