Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Does a child with ADD need a special yeshiva

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 8:54 pm
I've noticed a lot of posts recently about ADD and special yeshivas. I know there are varying degrees of ADD but it got me thinking. I have a DS with ADD when he started 3rd grade we put him on medication. BH he is doing great academically, socially and behaviorally. When it's time for yeshiva (high school) my biggest concern would be the length of the day. Yeshivas go late and I wouldn't want to up his medicine and give him a second dose. Then he would never sleep or eat. I hadn't thought of putting him in an alternative yeshiva. Is that my only option? I think he would do great in a regular yeshiva but I can't imagine him sitting so long into the evening. The only other mainstream choice would be something more modern which has a shorter day. What are your thoughts? Been there done that?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 9:15 pm
My brother has ADHD. He went through the regular yeshivish system straight through. He is now learning in kollel in israel. His biggest fear as a kid was that someone would find out he was on ritalin.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 1:54 am
my son is doing great in a regular yeshiva but with smaller classes

he does take ritalin of 6 hours 2 times

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 3:45 am
Burlywood I will be having the same. I think many boys have ADHD based on statistics. So he's not the only. Ds is starting Ritalin instead of adderall. It's be so nice to see ds behaving. It's not easy what to do when the. Time comes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics