Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Difference between Young Israel and Chofetz Chaim
Previous  1  2

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 9:51 am
imasoftov wrote:
from 2013 National Council of Young Israel changes rule to let shuls quit

Ha! - that explains a lot. In my eutopic world if you use the YI 'brand' your patrons should expect a fairly consistent experience from shul to shul. But thats just my take as an out of town visitor who showed up, felt totally under dressed, and was surprised that although there was no michitzah at kiddush women self segregated....

miami85

Post Fri, Jun 16 2017, 10:30 am
amother wrote:
Young Israel is not connected to the OU. They're not opposed, they are just different organizations.

You're right, my mistake based on misinformation. More importantly my point, is that there's a organizational oversight in place to ensure that halacha is followed. Unlike a situation that I know of where a Rabbi was taking the pulpit in a shul that was Modern Orthodox/Conservadox and the Rabbi wanted to impose more halachos, and they ended up voting him out after 1 year of a 2-year contract. He went on to the pulpit of a Young Israel where he wouldn't have those issues, he happens to be a YU rabbi.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics