Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to handle

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 8:53 pm
I'm so upset. My 7 year old daughter stood outside my room listening to my conversation with my older daughter's therapist. She heard way too much private info. My older daughter doesnt know everything about herself and I don't want my younger one teasing her about her issues. (They are physical weaknesses I was discussing with her ot). I dont want to have a discussion with 7 year old dd because I don't know how much she processed and also if she knows she has a big secret she may use it as a weapon for blackmail or teasing. My older daughter didn't want her sister to even know she goes for therapy. I feel horrible that I betrayed her wishes. I should have been more careful. There's no going back now. What do I do??

tf

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 9:08 pm
Try to squeeze out from her what she picked up. She may not even have understood or heard most information. Once you know exactly what you're dealing with, it'll be easier to take the next step.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jul 10 2017, 9:14 pm
She's very sharp and not always so nice about her "brilliance."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics