Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Family outing upstate NY/ Poconos area

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 10:56 am
I would like to take my family on an outing somewhere upstate NY (near Monticello etc) or maybe Poconos PA area. Little Kid friendly but also interesting or ok for adults. I saw there was a thread a few days ago with some ideas but I keep searching and cannot find it. Somewhere historical / nature related or farm/fruit picking /hay rides or something along those lines.
Thanks!

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 10:57 am
family fun farm

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 11:33 am
We go to Kelder's Farm every summer. It is upstate on the 209, past Ellenvile. They have a petting zoo, miniature golfing, cow milking, a pillow jump, hay ride, corn maze and fruit and vegetable picking. They are used to the frum crowds in the summer, and even sell chalav yisrael ice cream.

Pinky

Post Fri, Jul 14 2017, 1:36 pm
Space farm suppose to be great

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Jul 15 2017, 10:20 pm
Thank you for the replies, any other ideas?

esther36

Post Sat, Jul 15 2017, 10:28 pm
We do kelders farm too as a yearly trip. My kids love it! Thompson park is also very nice. Has beautiful playground, fields, picnic areas and a Brook for wading in. ( But there's a daycamp on premises until about 3-4 in the afternoon and no one is allowed on premises until camp is over, so call ahead to make sure timing). We've gone a few times in late afternoon for wading, playground, bbq supper and sports and we really had a great time!

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Jul 15 2017, 10:46 pm
We recently went to quiet valley living historical farm near the poconos and had a fantastic time: http://quietvalley.org

Kids loved it -- horse & wagon ride, petting animals, etc. and it was very interesting and educational for us parents too.

Only downside is that there are no bathrooms -- just outhouses -- to give you the full experience Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics