Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Keeping boys pre-upshernish hair neat

Bell

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 10:56 am
my son refuses to wear any clips elastics etc in his hair & its so messy & all over the place in his eyes etc. any suggestions?

Tefila

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 10:59 am
Well no if he won't wear anything.... though, have you tried 'bribing' him if he does?

Chanie

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 2:13 pm
I had that problem too until I got a few colors of clips and a few colors of pony holders... so now it's his choice of what color to wear... he forgets the original complaint of not wearing it... also I always try a pony first so if he refuses that at least I still get in the clip.

IndyMom

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 6:15 pm
My kids are good eaters, so if yours are not, dont do this. I tell my son that he can't have breakfast until his ponytail is in. I really don't let him eat without one becuase otherwise he will need a bath right away, so it's really a steadfast rule - like you can't run around the hosue without a diaper. After a while they get used to the rule and expect it and that's that. He is 2 by the way. I made the same rule with my 3 year old who just had his upsherin last week. Now when I put in the younger one's ponytail the older one asks if he needs a ponytail too with a devilish smile. I say, "yes you do, you're next". And he says with his 'youre a silly mommy' look, "Noooo, I have short hair!". It's so cute. It's our daily rendition. Smile

raizy

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 9:27 pm
forget just give up graciously that what I did.. I have 3 boys and it is a disaster each time. son one refused to wear anything from 2 till 3. son 2 still wears pins and ponies. his hair is very very long till his little *** . it is very cute to see. now he likes it in two ponies. we call it his payes that helps. I cant wait for Lag Bomer. when it will come right off.

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 11:02 am
My son hates it when I do his hair.he doesnt understand bribery yet... so I just do it when he is in the middle of doing something else.

raizy

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 11:41 pm
yes Indymom my second boy I had the same rule .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics