Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Group home-for special kids

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 12:52 am
Hi I'd like to know if anyone here has experience in a special needs group home and can help me with some questions
1) how much does a MLTC pay for a child in a group home today's days?
2) any experience in getting a child to get approved for a group home status and what's the journey to getting it in monsey?

Thank you I would really appreciate any info

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 8:37 am
Bumping, any one can help with this info?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 11:27 am
I would start with locating your local social services agency. They can help point you to where you should be doing your research.

Kol ha kavod!

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
Hi I'd like to know if anyone here has experience in a special needs group home and can help me with some questions
1) how much does a MLTC pay for a child in a group home today's days?
2) any experience in getting a child to get approved for a group home status and what's the journey to getting it in monsey?

Thank you I would really appreciate any info

Reach out to Hamaspik, I think they would be able to help you.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:16 pm
Thank you for your advise. Problem is that they are not very helpful only if you are educated already. So I'll trying to get educated

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:48 pm
Try pm'ing mama bear

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:54 pm
It depends on the child's age & disability as to what type of group home the child needs. Is the child in the hospital? Is the child getting home care? The hospital & homecare agencies can give you some leads. Maybe Chai lifeline can be of help? You can also try calling the group homes directly for info on how to get approval. They should be able to help you out.
Good luck!

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 2:58 pm
I don't know your location-but I am pretty sure that Ohel has many group homes in the Brooklyn area.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 3:21 pm
What type of special needs? It might be relevant.... "Special needs" encompasses a huge range of disorders and issues.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Aug 03 2017, 4:04 pm
Hello. Someone made me aware of this thread. I finally was successful in placing my son this winter after a long struggle, so I think I can be of help to you.
however, I really do not understand your questions at all. Your Medicaid Service Coordinator should be able to help you with these questions. Also, you don't need to be approved for group home status before applying to group homes. Your first step is to call up all the agencies in Monsey that have group homes - as far as I know only Hamaspik and Yedei Chesed have homes there, unless Rayim has managed to open one, I think they want to. The lists are long and the wait is years and years.
If you would be more specific as to the child's age and disability I can probably help you better.
But I like I said I don't really understand your question, bc your MSC should be doing this work for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics