Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What backpacks are in style for 4yr old boys
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 11:35 am
rachelbg wrote:
Expensive backpacks made to last are amazing- but I'd wait until he's a tad older to take care of it properly. A cute, character backpack is perfect for that age, and you won't be frustrated/annoyed if and when something happens to it.

THIS.

At age 4, I would anticipate any bag being thrown in the mud, or drawn on, or otherwise destroyed no matter how good the quality.

I'd stick with an inexpensive character backpack, and save quality bags for later.

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 11:53 am
With younger kids whose stuff gets dirty I appreciate a washable bag which usually is more expensive. I would rather an older child who will keep his stuff neater have something that cant be easily cleaned.

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 1:03 pm
I buy my kids cute colorful backpacks in Walmart for 2.99 until they are in first grade. if they get lost or ruined it's not a big deal. First grade and on I try to get a little better quality and hope they last for more than a year. They use them for camps and trips as well. But nothing expensive, all under $20.

miami85

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 1:07 pm
I would say whatever chararcter/animal/design he likes that's in your price range. That's "his style" he won't care about others.

dak11

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 9:47 pm
My 4 year old has a skip hop zoo bag. He used it since he was 2.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 29 2017, 9:52 pm
I like the Olive Kids brand for preschool briefcases. They are decent quality, and have such cute, bright prints. I ordered from Amazon recently, but I saw a bunch of other websites carry them as well.

Beyla

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 3:55 am
I would say anything with a 🚗 car on it??! 😉

Iymnok

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 4:25 am
As long as he's happy.
That's what we are concerned with when we are talking about 5th grade girls too, but they know what goes or not. A 4yo doesn't know what "goes", but he knows which backpack makes him happy to see.
Take his preferences into account as well as your budget and the quality. There should be a happy medium.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 8:35 am
Last year I took both my kids and let them pick out a briefcase. Both fell apart a few months later and I had to get new ones. This year I bought lands end for them, it looks way more durable and they have great customer service.
They r 4 and 6 btw.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics