Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Nightly transformation

amother

Post Mon, Aug 06 2007, 7:39 pm
My newborn won't sleep at night at all. During the day, he sleeps 2-3 hr stretches mixed with periods of content alertness, and nurses every 2.5-3hrs. All day he barely ever cries. Come night, he wants to nurse constantly, and cries all the time. If he does fall asleep, as soon as I put him down he starts screaming again, whereas during the day putting him down is no problem. I'm at my wits end, I've tried everything besides just letting him scream and can't for the life of me figure out why there's such a stark contrast in his personality!?!? Its literally like "night and day". As soon as the sun comes up, he's back to normal. Confused

HELP!!!!!

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 7:25 pm
How old is he? My dd was similar to this in her first month....it peaked around 6 weeks, and then started to back off... She's 10 weeks now, kah, and just tends to get kvetchy in the late afternoon/evening, but it's only for a brief period, she's consolable if I hold her, and when it comes time to be fed and go to bed, she's quite accomodating!

All I could do was try to keep her as calm as possible, and remind myself that she wouldn't be doing this forever!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics