Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tips for applying make up for a 3 day yom tov

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:08 pm
please do not respond if you do not wear make up and suggest no make up.

The question is - how to apply make up to last for a few day? Which products do you use?

what to stay away from?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:11 pm
Get a spray tan

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:13 pm
amother wrote:
please do not respond if you do not wear make up and suggest no make up.

The question is - how to apply make up to last for a few day? Which products do you use?

what to stay away from?

I use L'Oreal waterproof mascara, L'Oreal liquid eyeliner (comes in mechanical pencil form), Revlon ColorStay Overtime Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (2-3 layers), my regular Clinique base, and Urban Decay eye shadow primer underneath my eye shadow. I also use the Urban Decay setting spray. If I sleep on a slip, my makeup will last pretty well for 2 days, and possibly the third.

This time, though, I will probably have mikvah night the second night of Yom Tov, so no waterproof makeup for me. If anything, I'm going to go light on the makeup so a) it's easier to take off and b) it won't be so noticeable, since my makeup will have mostly come off on its own.

dovebird

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:14 pm
Tons of primer and setting spray

amother
Green

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:15 pm
amother wrote:
I use L'Oreal waterproof mascara, L'Oreal liquid eyeliner (comes in mechanical pencil form), Revlon ColorStay Overtime Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (2-3 layers), my regular Clinique base, and Urban Decay eye shadow primer underneath my eye shadow. I also use the Urban Decay setting spray. If I sleep on a slip, my makeup will last pretty well for 2 days, and possibly the third.

This time, though, I will probably have mikvah night the second night of Yom Tov, so no waterproof makeup for me. If anything, I'm going to go light on the makeup so a) it's easier to take off and b) it won't be so noticeable, since my makeup will have mostly come off on its own.

the lipstick doesn't get dry and peeling with so many layers?
what does the spray do?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:18 pm
amother wrote:
the lipstick doesn't get dry and peeling with so many layers?
what does the spray do?

You need to wait until one layer is completely dry before applying the next layer. Sometimes, when my lips feel dry, I use 1-2 layers of that liquid lipstick, and then another layer of Revlon ColorStay Suede lipstick on top. If I use a bit of a darker color than usual, it'll last.

I also have a L'Oreal liquid lipstick that will last, but I don't like the color so much.

The setting spray supposedly makes the rest of the makeup last longer. I've seen mixed results, but I think that depends on how much I spray.

elaela

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 1:36 pm
mac prep and prime
mac fix spray

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 4:52 pm
I'm actually a makeup artist and this is what I always recommend:

Don't touch your face. No matter what makeup you put on if you rub your eyes or touch your face it will smudge or come off

Lipstick-line your lips with liner and fill it in as well. Makes lipstick last longer
Use the company lipstick called lipsense by senegence. They last very well but need to be used with a gloss (essential)

Primer your face with a good primer

Use a setting spray

Use long wear products such as gel liner, foundation etc

Some find it helpful to sleep with a slip over your pillow

Private so people who know me don't identify my username

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 4:57 pm
amother wrote:
Get a spray tan

Do you have a place you recommend

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:29 am
I use hairspray instead of setting spray. Probably not the best for your skin but literally seals in everything so it stays on until you take it off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics