Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Sukkah decoration project for (almost) 2 year old

lucky14

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 4:22 pm
I want to make something that will be fun for him to make but will also be semi cute/attractive. Any ideas?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 4:33 pm
I made a paper chain with my just-turned-2 today, letting her choose the colors to hand to me (I only encouraged her not to do two of the same in a row- most of the order is her choosing). I'd love an idea for something else, though- we have nothing on the walls yet and there's still time tomorrow.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:12 pm
I cut strips of white poster paper, and my toddler decorated them with do-a-dot paint. Then we made a paper chain. This type of paper and paint hold up against the weather, so each year we decorated a few more strips and added to the chain.

mfb

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 5:15 pm
Make a chain out of pipe cleaners. (For older kids they can put pretty crystal beads on them first) my kids did this and it came out beautiful.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 10:35 pm
Print out a Sukkot coloring page onto card stock and have toddler dot-paint it.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 10:47 pm
Have him hand-print or finger-paint or bubble paint (fill a cup with liquid paint, water, and liquid soap, have him blow bubbles with a straw so it overflows onto the paper) on a plain sheet of paper, then cut out an esrog shape from it when it dries and mount it on another piece of paper. It will look gorgeous no matter what he does Smile

Or have him glue small objects (beads, buttons, etc.) onto a cutout shape, and afterwards spray-paint the whole project gold. Also foolproof and gorgeous!

Or have him collect leaves, small branches, etc. from the ground. Smear glue on an oval piece of paper and have him put what he collected onto it. Plop it onto a piece of brown construction paper, and voila! A sukkah!

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 11:31 pm
Washable do dots

lucky14

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 12:55 am
Thanks everyone. I like the paint dot ideas!

lucky14

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 12:56 am
amother wrote:
Have him hand-print or finger-paint or bubble paint (fill a cup with liquid paint, water, and liquid soap, have him blow bubbles with a straw so it overflows onto the paper) on a plain sheet of paper, then cut out an esrog shape from it when it dries and mount it on another piece of paper. It will look gorgeous no matter what he does Smile

Or have him glue small objects (beads, buttons, etc.) onto a cutout shape, and afterwards spray-paint the whole project gold. Also foolproof and gorgeous!

Or have him collect leaves, small branches, etc. from the ground. Smear glue on an oval piece of paper and have him put what he collected onto it. Plop it onto a piece of brown construction paper, and voila! A sukkah!

oh these are good! I'm going to pick one (or two) to try. I think he'll have fun with these. Thanks!

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 1:06 am
Finger paint.

artz

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 10:12 am
take a wire hanger make it in the shape of an esrog. then take 2 pieces of clear contact paper cut out yellow and green tissue paper let her stick it to the sticky side just leave room at the edge so you could put the hanger in. you can also place a picture of your child in there. and you have an esrog picture
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics