Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Skirts w pleats that start just above knee- still sold?

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 12:35 pm
I used to get skirts w pleats that start just above knee at S&W (Rene Poitier and some other brands) but theyre not in style right now so I dont see them sold. Theyre making mostly flary and pencil style skirts. I like them better than pencil skirts, bec a pencil skirt has to be way longer to be tznius, because when sitting, pencil skirts ride up, etc.

Anyone seen them around lately? Theyre fitted like a pencil skirt, but pleats start just above knee, and not way above like most pleated skirts are made.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 12:39 pm
You can close the pleats halfway pretty easily. I plan on doing that on 2 of my skirts, the pleats make my hips look huge.

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 1:21 pm
Iymnok wrote:
You can close the pleats halfway pretty easily. I plan on doing that on 2 of my skirts, the pleats make my hips look huge.

My hips toooo! I hate all pleated skirts on me!

As far as your idea, thanks, but the skirts I have are only pleated 7" from the hem. Even tho Im handy at sewing, I wouldnt do it myself, and have gotten "fixed" things back from good dressmakers/alteration people, looking pretty sloppy.

Are you planning on giving it out to do? A regular pleated skirt? Please let me know how you like it when its done.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 1:32 pm
I'll do it myself. I pinned it to see if it would be too tight, looks like not. My pleats start at the top, sewn down a few inches, I'll continue it a few more.

Mevater

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 1:35 pm
Iymnok wrote:
I'll do it myself. I pinned it to see if it would be too tight, looks like not. My pleats start at the top, sewn down a few inches, I'll continue it a few more.

I love the idea, but Im hesitant to do it myself. If possible can u post a photo of the skirt after you do it.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 1:47 pm
I'm in the process of moving, so I hope it happens.

Mevater

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 7:47 am
Old thread.

Anyone see skirts with pleats that start just above the knee, lately?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 8:22 am
Mevater wrote:
I love the idea, but Im hesitant to do it myself. If possible can u post a photo of the skirt after you do it.

I was wondering where this thread went, pin it and try it on.

I gained weight (and I'm 9mo pregnant) so it's too tight. It's also heavy fabric. It would look fine once I could get into it again.

Mevater

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 8:30 am
Iymnok wrote:
I was wondering where this thread went, pin it and try it on.

I gained weight (and I'm 9mo pregnant) so it's too tight. It's also heavy fabric. It would look fine once I could get into it again.

All that fabric of the pleats under the pins will bunch up and look like a sloppy mess, not neat and smooth like the skirt looked before the sewing of the pinned down area.

I think its a good way to kill a skirt unless youre a dressmaker extraordinaire.

rae

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:09 am
Actually just saw a skirt like that in talbots. Sorry don’t know how to post link 🙈 but check online.

rae

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:15 am
https://www.talbots.com/online.....3226/

Ok, I tried. Is this what you wanted?

Mevater

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 9:18 am
Thanks, but its 24" and thats short for me. I need 27". Also I like wider pleats.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 7:09 pm
Dressbarn has a style but the pleats are a different color inside than the rest of the skirt...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics