Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is it unrealistic for dress shoes to be fully comfortable?

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:37 pm
I have wide feet and usually wear casual, loose shoes such as crocs or naot, even on Shabbos (live OOT in very relaxed community). I have a family simcha coming up and am looking for some fancier shoes. I've been ordering wide fitting shoes online to try on, but even with the wide fit I find there's always something slightly uncomfortable about them: not enough room in the toe box, not enough support, sole too slippery etc. This is even if I try out multiple sizeable of the same shoe - there's always something that makes them not unbearable, but slightly uncomfortable.

I'm totally not used to dress shoes and am wondering if my expectations are too high. Is it a given that dress shoes by nature are simply bit uncomfortable and I should just deal with it for the one day I need to wear them?

Thanks.

Boca00

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:54 pm
My friend likes Dr. Scholl's shoes and they have a lot of cute styles these days. Have you tried them yet?

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:21 pm
Look into Fitzwell shoes. They have built in gel insoles for comfort.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:33 pm
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll try to check them out. All of the brands I've tried in so far have reputations for being well-made and on the comfy side. But they haven't worked for me. I don't have crazy abnormal feet; they are just wide.

But my question still stands: is it unrealistic to expect them to be completely comfortable?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:36 pm
I don’t have wide feet but find most shoes very uncomfortable except for Nike air Cole Haan

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:41 pm
I have wide feet and I've found anne Klein to be very comfortable. I'm not sure if a very high heel would be comfortable, I usually only wear medium heels.

animeme

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:47 pm
IME, you can find if you're willing to go chunky and keep the heel low. The styles that hug your feet more help. I like Clarks; not auper dressy, bit nice enough. I have also had some success with Lifestride flat; they are on the casual side of nice and don't last more than a year or so.

Anything designed to be delicate, pointy, or inobstrusive will be difficult.

papermageling

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:52 pm
Dress shoes are never going to be as comfortable as Crocs and Naot, but they can be fairly reasonable. Have you tried an extra wide shoe? What sort of style are you looking for?

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:10 pm
papermageling wrote:
Dress shoes are never going to be as comfortable as Crocs and Naot, but they can be fairly reasonable. Have you tried an extra wide shoe? What sort of style are you looking for?

Yes, I'm trying extra wide (E).

Since you asked... Looking for nude/beige/gold shoe, medium-low heel, closed toe, with a back/back strap, preferably with support/strap across the dorsal surface of the foot. Size 9E.

But please don't spend any time looking for me. I've already checked out Amazon and have a list I'm working my way down.

cm

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:42 pm
Be sure to check Hotter shoes as well.

Dress shoes are not as comfy or supportive as sneakers, but can be reasonably comfortable for a simcha, if not for a full day on your feet. Slippery soles can be roughed up before wearing.

papermageling

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:00 pm
Definitely going to second cm. Hotter has a very good selection of attractive EE shoes.

If you find a shoe that's almost correct, you can always add some insert thingamabobs.

aquad

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 2:08 am
Munro shoes are amazing, comfortable and stylish

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 2:51 am
I love Easy Spirit shoes, they are very comfortable and they have dressier styles.

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:01 am
Dress shoes are never going to be as comfortable as comfortable shoes - especially as one ages and feet lose padding etc.

Within that given, there are dressier shoes that are built for comfort - as others have suggested in terms of brands.

If you want to consider more pricey, Taryn Rose shoes is a brand created by a female orthopedic surgeon and are quite lovely - pricey but lovely.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 4:32 am
Try Lady Comfort

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 4:52 am
you can also look at marks and spencer, especially the footglove range.

But good luck! I feel your pain.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 6:25 am
Often see women in flats at smachos, at least after the beginning. Younger one in tights.

BH5745

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 7:00 pm
There's always the option to go up a size and buy gel pads or inserts.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 8:12 pm
Look into Crocs "flats", they have some fancier styles that are still super comfortable.
Anon bec I've recommended them to lots of people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics