Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Mother of the Kallah - where to find a gown

SRB

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 10:23 pm
My stepdaughter is engaged to be married end of December and I need a gown. Her mother is nifter so I'll be in a a more "public" role in the ceremony. I need suggestions where to look for a gown. Perhaps online? I live in Los Angeles. I can't spend a ton of $$.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 10:52 pm
My friend got a lovely "mother of the bride" gown from Lord and Taylor that was not too expensive. She also tried Dillard's. In both cases, she ordered more than one online and returned the ones she didn't like. If you can wait until after the end of December, dressy clothing will likely be on sale.

justmarried:)

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 10:52 pm
is there a color scheme?
macys
nordstroms

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 11:27 pm
my sister just made a wedding and did really well with a custom made gown from Hebeos.com and it cost her less than $200. My mother got a "mother of the bride" gown as the grandmother from Lightinthebox.com also for less than $200

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 7:00 am
I got mine from jjhouse.com . Paid $20 extra for custom fit and with delivery was still less than $200.

If going through an online company, make sure to check how long the process takes and how long delivery takes too. For me, it was great. It said it would take 7-9 days to make the dress and 5-8 for delivery. I got it in 11 days from ordering.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 9:45 am
I do agree with the pp about checking the timing b/c it can take longer with the custom-made options. One advantage of Hebeos over LIB and JJ's House is that they seem to be able to do more customization to make it tznius--like lining a sheer dress. JJ's House has the advantage that you can buy the exact fabric if you want to make changes. The dress my mother got was "almost perfect" just needed to adjust the collar and wear a shell underneath.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics