Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Screen name ONLY: introvert or extrovert?
Previous  1  2  3  4

WhatFor

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 10:41 pm
Introvert

pause

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 10:42 pm
I'm an introvert though I'm not shy. I get re-energized with alone time. Large parties or social obligations drain my mental energy and I find myself needing down-time after them, regardless of how physically tired I might be.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 11:16 pm
Introvert.

But my good friends are all extroverts, and my husband is as well. I like being around the action, but I like being quiet and having my friends (or my husband!) speak for me.

I can't handle too much noise, or too much stimulation in general. And I get overwhelmed when my kids are all home at once. I wish I was the type to love having all my kids talk to me at once, but even though I love my kids, I find too much draining, and I crave "quiet" time. A lot of it.

IRL I am definitely the minority. Some of my kids hated babysitters who had large groups, even if the babysitter was good, and people thought there must be something wrong with them. Sad

Boca00

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 11:57 pm
crust wrote:
I think that the typical Extrovert

1. Has enough friends IRL.
2. Has no issue voicing opinions IRL
3. Has no patience to the psychobabble/drama here
4. Enjoys live interactions more. A screen is toooo boring!

For the most part, that's true.

But I feel like an extrovert also has greater social needs, so even after you talk to all your friends about all your opinions or what's going on in life, you still feel a need for more social interaction.

And who says extroverts don't like drama?
Sometimes what goes on here is really quite interesting. Wink

Boca00

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 12:00 am
InnerMe wrote:
I think to some extent all of us here say things we wouldn't say IRL. For example, would you get up on a mike and announce to hundreds of women exactly what you think about the president, what you made for dinner, whether you are an introvert or extrovert and a bunch of other mundane things we say here. That's essentially what we're doing. We are broadcasting our thoughts/ anecdotes/ opinions to lots of Jewish women around the world.

Hundreds of women? Nah. But I would be happy to share my views on the president, what I made for dinner, and everything else we discuss here in front of, say, 20 people.

Jewel22

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 12:09 am
Somewhat both but mostly introvert

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 1:05 am
It’s my name. My actual name. No comment on what it says about me. Well, maybe actually. It’s my birth name and I never changed it. I don’t use my husbands.

heidi

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 1:14 am
workermom wrote:
Wow I could have wrote that word for word even!!! I am the exact same with the mini addition that I dread going out until I am actually there.

I can't believe I'm not the only one.
I do great in social situations, but half the time I'm thinking that I'd rather be in bed with a good book or watching TV.
I talk on the phone a lot, but go through periods where I just don't want to talk to anyone.
As I've aged I've learned that it's ok to have a few good, trustworthy friends. I don't yearn to be part of a clique anymore.
So I guess I'm an extrovert that sometimes is an introvert?!

finallyamommy

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 5:12 am
Introvert.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 6:28 am
ra_mom wrote:
I'm an introverted extrovert IRL. Smile
I prefer to be alone. But I love to talk. I thrive in social situations and have a great time, but I need to majorly "recover" for a long time afterwards. LOL Social introvert I guess.

This is me as well. I'm an introvert. As much as I enjoy social interaction, it totally drains me.

Most of us who spend time on the internet will be introverts. The great thing about the internet is that we can control when we're on it. If I feel too drained, I can step away for days or weeks. (And I do!)

imasoftov

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 6:49 am
It varies.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 8:51 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
This is me as well. I'm an introvert. As much as I enjoy social interaction, it totally drains me.

Most of us who spend time on the internet will be introverts. The great thing about the internet is that we can control when we're on it. If I feel too drained, I can step away for days or weeks. (And I do!)

This, but I play an extrovert online. Wink

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 9:29 am
I'm an introvert.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 1:09 pm
If you prefer being with others than being along, not to say I hate doing my own thing every once in a while, but prefer being together, yet not talkative or the life of the party at all and don't like being the center of attention, what is that?

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 1:14 pm
My coworkers have claimed I’m a super E. The MBTI test showed me to be an I.

They were shocked.

I think I’m a mixture. At work I get bored without interactions. At home, don’t mind being left to my own devises.

cooksallday

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 1:58 pm
In my head I'm more of an extrovert, and I am especially at work when needed, but others might classify me as an introvert, and I prefer time to myself sometimes.

pause

Post Fri, Dec 22 2017, 2:20 pm
Introverts get energized from alone time. This doesn't mean they aren't social or don't enjoy/need social outings. It means that they recharge from being with fewer people. They enjoy reading a book or going on a walk alone. Guests might be burdensome more than enjoyable.

Extroverts get energized from people. This doesn't mean they don't need time to themselves or always enjoy social outings. It means that they get recharged from being with (lots of) other people. They enjoy guests, parties, and social events. If they go walking, they will look for company.

Introverts are not necessarily shy. Extroverts aren't necessarily outgoing.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics