Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
2 day vacation near New York

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 9:14 pm
My husband has off on New Years, and we were thinking of taking a mini vacation. Is there somewhere within 2 hours of New York that we could go? We have an 18 month old baby, so we can’t really do any winter sports. I’m looking for a nice place with a few interesting attractions, that are baby friendly. Thanks.

doctorima

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 9:35 pm
Philadelphia comes to mind, especially since it also offers kosher restaurants, though you should check what's open and what's closed on New Year's.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:23 pm
Thanks doctorima. But we went to Philadelphia chol hamoed, so we’re looking for a different place to go to. I was thinking maybe Connecticut. Do you know if there is anything to do there, and if there is kosher food?
Mayne nj, are there any attractions there? Thanks!!

bargainlover

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:30 pm
You can go to deal, nj. Close enough to lakewood, that has tons of kosher meat and dairy options. Also a few options to eat in deal though less than the summer. Cheap hotels because it is off season. Water is beautiful if not too cold. Freehold and Monmouth malls are both really nice. Freehold has a carousel. Also a nordstrom rack near Monmouth mall if u like shopping. Would your baby nap in a stroller and you can do escape room or pottery?

bargainlover

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:31 pm
You can go to deal, nj. Close enough to lakewood, that has tons of kosher meat and dairy options. Also a few options to eat in deal though less than the summer. Cheap hotels because it is off season. Water is beautiful if not too cold. Freehold and Monmouth malls are both really nice. Freehold has a carousel. Also a nordstrom rack near Monmouth mall if u like shopping. Would your baby nap in a stroller and you can do escape room or pottery?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:31 pm
bargainlover wrote:

Sounds interesting. Are there any interesting museums or attractions to go to?
unfortunately, my baby doesn't nap in the stroller.

doctorima

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:42 pm
Maine is WAY more than 2 hours from NYC. CT is quaint, but nothing jumps out. You could try Mystic, though no kosher food options. The problem is that if you don't want to do winter sports activities, your best bet is a big city with indoor options. If you're willing to go a little farther, Baltimore could be lots of fun, and definitely has kosher options. You could also try Lancaster, the Hamptons, or the Poconos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics