Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Making No #2 in the Bathtub

queenyemk

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 10:34 pm
Our DD has a new habit for the past 2 weeks or so, that every time she has a bath, she makes a no. #2!
Is this normal?? Has anyone every incured this before.
Please help - is there a way to make it stop.
She normally has her baths in the evening just before bed.
Thanks embarrassed

Tehilla

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 10:36 pm
a) it's a normal phase.
b) use a swim diaper or
c) change her bath time a bit
d) don't make it a long affair, which gives more time for such occurances.

it'll pass! but boy is it a trial.

shoy18

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 10:45 pm
how old is she? if she is around 2 maybe try sitting her on the toilet right before bath time.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 22 2007, 10:50 pm
My ds did it once when he was a few months old and I almost fainted, but my neices do it...my sil just doesn't make a big deal of it and just gets them out of the bath. I would also suggest changing the time of the bath, keeping it short and trying the potty first.

miriam

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 3:04 am
This thread might give you some good ideas.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....&

greentiger

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 3:13 am
I'd think the warm bath water would be easing her stomach and making it very easy to make. Does she know when she has to go? Remind her before you put her in the tub that she shouldn't make in it, and then ask her every 2 minutes if she needs to go.
If she is too young, and you prefer avoiding this altogether, you can try just washing her off with the shower head (on a very low pressure). It's much less fun that way, but it goes much quicker, and youll be avoiding a mess in the tub.

SingALong

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 9:28 pm
I also had this with my daughter. she was constipated and I think as greentiger mentioned, that the warm water relaxed her and made her "go". I made sure to watch for signs of it happening and I just put her on the toilet when I saw the "face". it helped, especially since she freaked out every time she saw the stuff floating in the water and I had to calm her down and clean up at the same time.
dont worry it passes. it only lasted a couple of months. after awhile, she knew when to tell me it was gonna come
sorry for being so graphic...

queenyemk

Post Thu, Aug 23 2007, 10:18 pm
Please don't be sorry about the graphics - it naturally happans doesn't it! If you don't describe how do you know?? (Just don't read while eating!) Wink
DD is just over 2.
She knows when she wants to make. But she says poopi for both gas and poopoo. So sometimes I'm not sure which it is.
The first time she did was when she was badly constipated and it eased out. Boy, was she happy (I kinda was too!). But she said 'ohoh!' and put her hand to mouth and then said 'poopi poopi bath bath ohoh icky icky!' and gets all flustered and wants to get out, so she kinda knows shes not meant to. I think she doesn't know how to control it. Since then its been nearly everytime.
This last time, I caught her just at the beginning she made a tiny bit and I quickly put her on the potty - but no more after that which was suprising and puzzling.
I read thru half of the other thread - thanks for the link, didn't catch it before.
I do like to give her a bath before bed, so it's relaxing, and it doesn't make a difference if its just after or 2 hours after eating - it happans!

So I guess, I'll keep following all of your greatly appreciated advice - stare intently on her face and watch for that sign -grab her and put her on the potty! shock Hopefully it won't freeze her bowls into shock!

jba

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 9:44 am
my 11 month old did this a couple of times recently. the first time I saw what was happening and grabbed her and stuck her on the toilet. she thought this was funny. second time we didn't make it quite that far. I think it just happens. As they get older kids grow and are able to control themselves and/or express what they need to do. Good luck.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Aug 24 2007, 10:42 am
When we were kids, my sister, who is 2.5 years younger than me, did it in the bath. I was horrified & jumped out so quickly!

DS just did it all over the kitchen floor the other day - gross!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics