Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Need Advice for Bday Party Food Ideas

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 11:24 am
Basically the story is like this. It's my son's first bday on Wed night. We are making a party for the family. (us, in-laws with aunts and uncles and married sister in law with her 3 kids) Originally I wanted to just do a birthday cake and some nosh and drinks. Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to have some sort of food. I have to make the party after my hubby comes home from work which is at least 6- 6:30. If I make it at that time, it's before dinner. (they eat late in Argentina) If I make it later it's either dinner time or too late. (for the little kids and my son) I decided I'm not going to make a real dinner bc I don't have the time and/or patience and we don't have extra cash to just order pizza or something. I'm going to make tuna and egg salad and have crackers and some small rolls or something. What else can I serve that's easy and inexpensive? It's really just to tide them over till dinner...

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 11:32 am
For my ds's first birthday, I had bagels and tuna salad, egg salad, cream cheese, lox, cesar salad, bean salad, different cheeses, chips and salsa and quiche, oh and some other chips and drinks and of course cake.

I did it differently, mine was on Sunday afternoon so it was a lunch/brunch thing, but you can use some of the ideas...

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 1:52 pm
tuna isn't cheap. why not make lasagne?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 21 2007, 1:59 pm
How is cheese cheaper then tuna?

Rikola

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 2:20 pm
I always make puff pastry borekas for any party we have. I make meat, potato and apple. All different shapes, with different toppings (sesame seeds for potato, poppy seeds for meat and sugar on the apple) so they don't get confused. They are quick and easy, freeze well so you can make them ahead and most everyone likes them.

happyhub

Post Tue, Aug 28 2007, 3:19 pm
you can make a pasta dish. either a salad or a side dish.

or potatoes which are cheap. make a potato salad or roasted potatoes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics