Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My DD hits me

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 12:08 am
So I BH have the most adorable and lovable 20 month old DD. She was a very easy baby and has a terrific temperment BH. Mamish a brocha.

Lately, she started hitting and biting me. Sometimes it's out of nowhere and sometimes it's when she doesn't get what she wants.

What do I do?

chen

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 12:14 am
You take her hand firmly but gently, look her in the eye and say very clearly and emphatically, but calmly, "You are not allowed to hit Mommy. That hurts me." And then you do not give her what she wants, b/c that will only teach her that the way to get what she wants is to hit you.

BTW, what dd is doing is very normal for her age.

willow

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:38 am
My husbands Rov told us if she ever does that to hold her and kiss her back. She rarely ever ever hits.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 8:58 am
just tell her a firm NO.

why is she doing it? does she go to a playgroup? if yes is it a GOOD LOVING ONE? kids get very frustrated when they dont get enouch positive attention....

ALSO its frustrating for them when they dont talk and cant exoress themselves. teach her other ways to exress herself.

cdawnr

Post Fri, Aug 31 2007, 10:00 am
I am having the exact problem with my daughter.

But she is very verbal and can express herself when she wants and when I tell her no hitting/biting she laughs...

I amtrying to be patient and remember that this is a stage but she has a very wicked streak and also a wicked temper, which I have to teach her how to control!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics