Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What do I do with a bar of baking chocolate?

spikta

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:11 pm
It's nougat flavored if that matters.
I ordered it online, and didn't realize it wasn't real chocolate...

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:18 pm
Chocolate bark.

Melt in double boiler, pour onto cookie sheet and while it's still soft, sprinkle top with shelled pumkin seeds, shredded coconut, etc.. Pistachio nuts, craisins, Caramel chips... Whatever floats Ur boat. Even sea salt.

When it hardens a bit, cut into squares or just break into pieces. It's really good.

jewwoman

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:22 pm
Eat it.

mammale

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 6:34 pm
You can use it in any recipe that calls for melted chocolate. Or chop it up and use in place of chocolate chips in cookies
Eta - I don't know what nougat flavor is. I guess only use it in a baked good you will like with that flavour...

chicco

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 7:45 pm
Make a chocolate chip cookie dough. Put some in a cupcake tin, a bit of the chocolate bar and then more cookie dough. Bake slightly undercooked and you have yourself a runny chip dessert!

spikta

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 11:15 pm
jewwoman wrote:
Eat it.

It's not really chocolate. The first ingredients are sugar and vegetable oil, and it tastes like it. So eating it straight up, or making bark out of it isn't really enticing.

chicco I didn't really understand your suggestion. You mean like a stuffed cookie?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 11:22 pm
Chop it into chunks and use it in your fave chocolate chip cookie recipe. Use half choc chips and half of the chocolate chunks.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 7:32 am
spikta wrote:
It's not really chocolate. The first ingredients are sugar and vegetable oil, and it tastes like it. So eating it straight up, or making bark out of it isn't really enticing.

chicco I didn't really understand your suggestion. You mean like a stuffed cookie?

Oy vey. This item is very good for only one thing: chocolate decorations. But that's it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen