Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me dress in style

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 11:01 pm
My husband appreciates when I look good and dress is style. Looking to get some new spring stuff and would like to make him happy once I'm at it. So what is the new trends, I live in Lakewood and call myself just regular bais yaakov type girl, husband works but learned first few years of marriage....need tops, skirts, maybe dresses if flattering for me size 14ish and shoes for shabbos, flats....thanks!!

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 7:06 am
Bump

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 7:36 am
Just shop in a trendy store, you’ll see what they’re selling and have the sales lady help with what looks good on you.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 7:59 am
Try Brooklyn southwest - they have good service and up to date things

For shoes, go to shoe palace/ not cheap but in style shoes

livinginflatbus

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 8:34 am
Step in elegance for shoes

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 8:37 am
What's the difference between shoe palace and step in elegance?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 8:37 am
Go to the gallerie. They have nice trendy stuff at decent pricing.
Or look on cest moi’s website.
You’ll find really nice stuff there too

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:02 am
amother wrote:
My husband appreciates when I look good and dress is style. Looking to get some new spring stuff and would like to make him happy once I'm at it. So what is the new trends, I live in Lakewood and call myself just regular bais yaakov type girl, husband works but learned first few years of marriage....need tops, skirts, maybe dresses if flattering for me size 14ish and shoes for shabbos, flats....thanks!!

I am gonna be different in that I will suggest that you find out what looks good on you first. I have tried dressing "trendy" but it looked bad on me because it didn't suit my body or face.

Once you find out what suits you, you can go shopping and choose things that will really enhance your looks.

Example: Sleeveless tops with a shell mostly lookerd bad on me because my hips would always stick out. I founf that this style was for girls with boxier bodies. The loose t shirt dresses that have been trendy are also not really for me. I like form fitting (not tight) styles.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 9:50 am
If you want yeshivish styles the stores in town (Polka Dot, Brklyn SW etc) are good places to go.

If you want triender try Brenda’s, the Gallery or the mall (ZARA, HM etc)

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 11:03 am
I live out of town, but am traveling for a family simcha and would like to get something new. What are the current styles? There are no trendy frum stores where I live.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Mar 04 2018, 11:22 am
amother wrote:
I am gonna be different in that I will suggest that you find out what looks good on you first. I have tried dressing "trendy" but it looked bad on me because it didn't suit my body or face.

Once you find out what suits you, you can go shopping and choose things that will really enhance your looks.

Example: Sleeveless tops with a shell mostly lookerd bad on me because my hips would always stick out. I founf that this style was for girls with boxier bodies. The loose t shirt dresses that have been trendy are also not really for me. I like form fitting (not tight) styles.

Exactly. Wear what makes you look great, not trendy (especially if you’re size 14. Today’s trend hates size 14 Sad )

Yoyr husband doesn’t know trend, but he will realize when you look good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics