Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you do this during summer vacation?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 2:27 pm
What do you all think of this idea for summer vacation? My husband is going to take off two weeks vacation and take the kids to visit his parents (overseas). I will stay home as not to take the same vacation time (from work) as him and then when he comes back, I would take a week's worth of vacation from work.
Even though it would be so lovely to take a family vacation (and it would be a proper vacation) would any of you ever do this so that you both, husband and wife, are able to be home part of the time during summer break for the kids?

OutATowner

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 2:51 pm
If that works for you, then I think it's very smart.

doctorima

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 2:56 pm
Sure, why not. If that's what works best for your schedules and your kids are okay with it, go for it. Plenty of families take separate vacations for a number of reasons, no problem with it at all. We usually take one big family trip, but sometimes DH or I will go away on a shorter trip with the kids, either because the other one can't get away or isn't interested in that particular destination.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 06 2018, 3:06 pm
Yes. I planned on being on maternity leave during the summer and was going to stay home with my youngest son and baby while my DH went away for two weeks on a road trip with all my other kids .
We had to change plans now because DH signed a contract with a new client and he won't be able go away.
But I would have no problem DH going away and then switching . But I would make sure to do a family trip the following year .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics