Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Tel tzion

zebra111

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 1:14 am
Is there anyone here currently living in tel tzion who can answer a few ques for me? I found a couple of older threads but looking for current info..
So we live in jerusalem at the moment but are looking into tel tzion. Id define us as sefardi-lita'I...
Things we're looking for in a community:
Affordable housing, preferably with options of having a garden
Great schools and talmud torah, with caring teachers
A feeling of community, where u know ur neighbours
Husband works in jerusalem so how accessible is it?
I stay at home with our little kids until they turn 3 and start gan..will we go crazy in a smaller place?are there other women around during the mornings?
Anything else u can tell me about the yishuv?

Thanks in advance!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 2:13 am
We love it here! I'll try to answer your questions.
There are definitely a lot of sfardim here, but most anglos are ashenaz. But I'm not sure if that will affect you at all.
You can see housing prices on yad2 and yissa bracha. It's definitely cheaper than Jerusalem, but it's getting more expensive here, too.
My kids are still little, so I don't know much about the chedarim. There is a separate one for ashkenaz and sfardi, but there are sfardim in the ashkenaz one, too, which is where at least most of the anglos are.
In terms of neighbors, I definitely know a bunch of them, but I'm in a big building and don't know all of them. Our closest neighbors we do definitely know and feel somewhat close to. If I put in more effort (and had better Hebrew), I'm sure I'd know more. But it does have a small community feel.
Many work in Jerusalem. There are buses every 10 minutes or so a lot of the day. The most is 20 minutes I think. Takes about 30-40 minutes to get to Bar Ilan.
I work from home in the mornings, so I send my kids to gan. I don't think many are home and not working with toddlers, but I'm sure there are some, more if you're open to Israelis. Actually, I thought of a couple of women who do/did that. There's not much to do if you're used to wandering around geulah or whatever, but you can always take a bus to Jerusalem if you're really that bored!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions