Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Tablescapes on Instagram

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:12 am
Im. Seeing a new Trend on Instagram, tablescapes! So so interesting. They are beautiful but don't look very practical at all? Like where do u put all the food? Is this just for fun or this is how pple serve in NY?

simba

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:15 am
No! It is not how people serve in NY, and least not in my house Smile' Tablescapes are for magazine shoots and instagram only. Impractical is a complimen.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:17 am
simba wrote:
No! It is not how people serve in NY, and least not in my house Smile' Tablescapes are for magazine shoots and instagram only. Impractical is a complimen.

LOL so what is it done for? Just to look nice for magazines? Im missing something?

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:27 am
I remember seeing this years ago on a foodnetwork TV series. I never really understood it. I guess if the meal is served buffet style then it makes the table look more festive?

tovli toraspicha

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:30 am
It's kind of like in fashion magazines- where things are over the top and of course no one actually walks down the street like that, but it's to brand yourself and for people to look and say Wow! And then maybe order some of your paper goods or one centerpiece hoping that it will give their own table some of that affect.
Instagram for the most part is advertisement for businesses so things are portrayed in an extreme and over the top way- so that you feel if you buy some of their products you subconsciously feel like you will look like that too.

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:50 am
Its a way for frum magazines to sneak in more paid ad space without us realizing. Looks like inspiring ideas, its really a bunch of paid product placement. More profitable for them than paying a columnist to write something interesting.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:54 am
watergirl wrote:
Its a way for frum magazines to sneak in more paid ad space without us realizing. Looks like inspiring ideas, its really a bunch of paid product placement. More profitable for them than paying a columnist to write something interesting.

They actually pay a pretty penny for those spreads. Styling, photography, props, etc.

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
They actually pay a pretty penny for those spreads. Styling, photography, props, etc.

I believe the styling and props are provided by the stores credited in the photos, and the stores pay in addition. I could be wrong of course.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 10:59 am
watergirl wrote:
I believe the styling and props are provided by the stores credited in the photos, and the stores pay in addition. I could be wrong of course.

It depends on the arrangement. Some are the advertiser approaching the magazine and wanting exposure. But sometimes the magazine is approaching a sought-after company or individual, in which case they pay through the nose.

When a store gives the props and gets credit, they don't pay the magazine. It's like a trade: props for advertising. But it's not always easy to find a store within the time frame that has the perfect props and is willing to do this, so often it does have to be paid for.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 11:17 am
I use it for inspiration. My entire table won’t look like that but I get ideas and pick the parts that I can do. I loved the lucite cards for Rosh hashana with all the brachos. I put it by every plate. I sometime try to do the center pieces. Your supposed to get whatever you want out of the pics and make it ur own.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:00 pm
My friend does this for parties. But she has a huge entertaining room and can put a lot of tables together to make one huge square. She uses a huge tablecloth over it all so it's a beautiful square table with tons of room for all the food and for everyone to eat (more than!) comfortably. It's beautiful. But not for me to spend time and money on.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:37 pm
Can anyone share some names of these accounts? Would love to see them.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Mar 15 2018, 12:47 pm
It's just a table runner that runs along the middle of table with decorations. Beautiful idea. Why not do it if you can, I don't see this so over the top. If you want to lose space on your table you can, personally I wouldn't put it it just takes away space and I have a beautiful table cloth so why would I want to cover it? Not for me now. Maybe another time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries