Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
HELP!!!!!!!! oil stains

adorable

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 10:05 am
whenever I deep fry or fry regular, the oil spritzes and leaves little spots ecerywhere including the microwave door and the other burners, etc... and when I hardens (like after a few minutes) it is murder to get it off.
any ideas?

Yael

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 3:34 pm
mr clean magic eraser. its the only thing that will get it off.

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 5:42 pm
how do you get oil stains out of clothes? I have a few shirts that got shpritzed when I was frying and the stains won't go away Mad ! maybe I should invest in an apron Idea !

chavamom

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 7:18 pm
Try a little Dawn dish detergent rubbed into the stain before you wash the clothing.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2005, 6:16 am
I stopped the squirting of all my oily frying thanks to my husband I should have thought about it my self my thinking cap I guess was not on that well. buy anyway I first wipe the pot to make sure it is totally dry before I put the oil in and also the food I try to wipe it down the best that I can. it helps reduce the oil squirting and stains. which I think I will try dishwashing soap to get rid of some of those stains that happen anyway.

buba123

Post Wed, Jun 15 2005, 12:26 pm
I just read an article in a major magazine (forgot which one-I read so many!!) about oil stains - this is what it said -
Equal parts:
powder detergent
ammonia
water

make it into a paste and let it sit on the stain for ten minutes. then wash it in the machine. I'm going to try it too. let me know if it works (I have so much clothing that are ruined from oil stains!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry