Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
"touch my weenie"

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 10:16 am
For some reason my 4 year old is going around telling everyone to touch his weenie!!!!

I am sooo embarassed!!!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 11:28 am
are you sure he's not molested?

Last edited by Ruchel on Mon, Jul 23 2007, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 11:34 am
Holy Cow! I have two little boys who were definetly not molested. They are four and five. It's an attraction b/c they are discovering what it does. Hey my four year old thinks it's a toy and once when he was upset at my big one , he made wet on him in the bath, or he tried to aim at the ceiling to see what would happen. This is kids. We just have to train them that it's not nice. It's getting better b''H.

MommyLuv

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:02 pm
Seems to be very normal body exploration for kids of that age....

I guess you just gotta tell them that it's private and no one else is allowed to touch them there, except Mommy during bathtime, etc. and discourage such behavior whenever it comes up.

Making a big deal out of it will just exacerbate the issue.

BTW-Ruchel, all kids do stuff like this at some point.
It is not normally a sign of having been the victim of abuse, it's just part of their development.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:25 pm
thank god never had this issue ... but kids are curious ...

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:25 pm
Ruchel wrote:
omg!!! are you sure he's not molested?? shock where else would he learn that? Crying

G-d for bid!!!

I do think it's normal, I jsut need suggestions on how to handle not over reacting...

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:29 pm
Simple answer him we don't talk like that, it is our body and it's private do you see anyone older talking that way no?! then it's not tznius and not a way a Jewish boy talks, simple as that, no if whys or buts Confused

miriam

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 5:58 pm
Ruchel, maybe edit your post? That was a bit of an overexxaggeration.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 2:33 pm
mine used to do this only with me, I was told by a counselor to act normally and not make an issue about it at all, just say" put that away, it's time to get dressed now" etc, act like it's time to do something else. This really worked. Putting a child down for not being tznius and making them feel bad/dirty does not work. It shouldn't be an issue...

amother

Post Wed, Sep 05 2007, 2:38 pm
OP here

B"H I figured out it was a kid he was playing with every morning that was saying it..

Thanks to previous poster, this is basically what I did... and also removed my kid from playing with this child.

B"H it's not an issue anymore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers