Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Any short petite ladies???

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 4:31 pm
Im 147cm. Always been complexed by height even I get told that I don't give a short impression...
I put way more emphasis on my clothes to counteract my height. Anyone can relate?
Clothes, shoes wigs....such an issue for me

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 6:50 pm
My kid's principal is about that height. (147 cm= about 4"8) She wears huge heels every day and dresses well. Who cares? She is beautiful, passionate, powerful, and strong.
My mom is 4"10. She wears flats (she ruined her feet by wearing heels through young adulthood), but she is also a very strong, loud, mover-shaker-community personality. She's a lot prettier than most people her age. She was told she looked 12 until she was about 40. Well, wonderful, now shes 65 and finally looks 40! Literally no one cares about your height. Especially being that you are a woman.

It's great if you can learn to dress for your body and not just follow the trends. For example, really long wigs look horrible on little people. It hides your whole body. I love bobs on petite people. You can wear a lot of styles BUT you need to find yourself an excellent seamstress and have everything brought up at the shoulders and make sure each garment is hitting you correctly at the waist My mother even gets her pajama pants professionally hemmed!

Its just a body, and I am sure you look lovely. I think most people would rather be a little "too" small than a little too big.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 7:36 pm
May I ask a question? Would you have wanted your parents to give you hormone shots to help with height? I only ask because my petite DD had a checkup and the dr. asked if I'd like a referral for a doctor that specializes in these hormone shots to help her grow since she'll never clear 5 feet. I have never looked at her as being less than absolutely perfect and was shocked at the suggestion. Now that I have time to think, I'm trying to see it from a short person's point of view. I see that it seems to bother you but can I just say, as an average height woman, I'd really have to think which of my friends fit into the short category and which are taller, it doesn't seem that obvious to a casual observer.

crust

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 8:38 pm
amother wrote:
May I ask a question? Would you have wanted your parents to give you hormone shots to help with height? I only ask because my petite DD had a checkup and the dr. asked if I'd like a referral for a doctor that specializes in these hormone shots to help her grow since she'll never clear 5 feet. I have never looked at her as being less than absolutely perfect and was shocked at the suggestion. Now that I have time to think, I'm trying to see it from a short person's point of view. I see that it seems to bother you but can I just say, as an average height woman, I'd really have to think which of my friends fit into the short category and which are taller, it doesn't seem that obvious to a casual observer.

I would go for a consultation because this is something that can only be done till a certain point.
And its not a decision you have to make today.

From the consultation till being approved for shots can be a few months and sometimes years.

You can always choose not to give it at the end but if you do choose to give it- you can miss the boat if you don't do it timely.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Mar 26 2018, 10:18 pm
My dh thinks short little girls are cute and sweet. He said he liked me a lot so he married me anyway even though I'm not little... Rolling Eyes

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 12:12 am
amother wrote:
My kid's principal is about that height. (147 cm= about 4"8) She wears huge heels every day and dresses well. Who cares? She is beautiful, passionate, powerful, and strong.
My mom is 4"10. She wears flats (she ruined her feet by wearing heels through young adulthood), but she is also a very strong, loud, mover-shaker-community personality. She's a lot prettier than most people her age. She was told she looked 12 until she was about 40. Well, wonderful, now shes 65 and finally looks 40! Literally no one cares about your height. Especially being that you are a woman.

It's great if you can learn to dress for your body and not just follow the trends. For example, really long wigs look horrible on little people. It hides your whole body. I love bobs on petite people. You can wear a lot of styles BUT you need to find yourself an excellent seamstress and have everything brought up at the shoulders and make sure each garment is hitting you correctly at the waist My mother even gets her pajama pants professionally hemmed!

Its just a body, and I am sure you look lovely. I think most people would rather be a little "too" small than a little too big.

That was a great answer. Thank u so much. One thing I have difficulties is in the wigs. All my family and friends wear long and so do I. Looking to buy new one and I know I look better short but can't see myself with a Bob. Any short styles you can suggest that are In style?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 12:16 am
amother wrote:

Yes I actually had an appointment to see if I can have hormone shots at 14, but being that I had gotten my period already they saw in my blood works that there is no gain in giving me the shots. My hormones were at it's peak already.. I'll never forget how disasapointed I was. I cried myself to sleep. Mothers with short kids !!! make your kid feel special. My mom didn't 😭 that's why I feel uncomfortable.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 4:18 am
amother wrote:
That was a great answer. Thank u so much. One thing I have difficulties is in the wigs. All my family and friends wear long and so do I. Looking to buy new one and I know I look better short but can't see myself with a Bob. Any short styles you can suggest that are In style?

Yes, u can wear a lot. shorter in the back longer in the front. You can wear a bit longer but half back. But honestly, more than a couple inches past your shoulders will overwhelm your whole body.
Said principal wears longish but usually half back, and its a thinner piece. My mother has one straight bob, one wavy lob and one shoulder length curly. Hat falls can also look cute.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
Yes, u can wear a lot. shorter in the back longer in the front. You can wear a bit longer but half back. But honestly, more than a couple inches past your shoulders will overwhelm your whole body.
Said principal wears longish but usually half back, and its a thinner piece. My mother has one straight bob, one wavy lob and one shoulder length curly. Hat falls can also look cute.

Great gonna look into wavy lobs.. thanks a lot.would love to see pictures of your mom for inspiration. She sounds perfect..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics