Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Have you been an Airbnb host?

Mommy F.

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 11:23 pm
Hi ladies!

I was wondering if any women on here have been an Airbnb host?

What have been the pros and cons?

Does it make good money ?

Is it hard having strangers in your home?
How do your children find it?

TIA!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Apr 04 2018, 11:36 pm
How would you manage to do that and to also keep your house kosher? Wouldn't guests expect to be able to come into your kitchen and make themselves a cup of coffee? And once they're in the kitchen, it's not easy to make sure they don't treif things up.

Is it possible to rent only to people who keep kosher?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 7:25 am
Isn't Reserve Kosher the same idea?

happyone

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:28 am
Kashrus and safety are my only concerns . If you have a separate apartment it's a good option for renting it out.

Mommy F.

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 8:37 am
Yes I have a seperate apartment. It has a private entrance. There’s a full bathroom, washer dryer, bedroom, living rooom area, a bar fridge, sink... for safety reasons I actually wouldn’t let cooking in the basement. It would be mostly for ppl that need a place to sleep. I would put a kettle there too for tea and coffee. I used to rent it out monthly. But I heard I could make more money through Airbnb.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 10:30 am
I did it when I was single and living with a female friend. We rented out the whole (tiny) place and both slept elsewhere. The money was good -- but that depends on your area. We were on the LES at the time. Easy to go on Airbnb and see what the going rate in your area is. We had great experiences, never any problems. It never bothered us. We had a lot of families from oversees who were looking to stay in Manhattan. We really enjoyed it! I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had a separate apartment like you!

mha3484

Post Thu, Apr 05 2018, 10:38 am
Someone in my neighborhood rents her basement apartment for shabbos and yomtov. She is cheaper then the other option for those who want to be walkable to the shuls etc. Its a really nice service as there are no hotels here that are conducive to keeping shabbos and the assisted living that rents out rooms can get pretty expensive.

Boni

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 2:37 pm
We rent out our in-law apartment through Airbnb, it has a separate entrance. I have a box with a kosher microwave and some other stuff in my garage, I offer it to frum guests.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 3:54 pm
My parents have been considering it. But not in a place they live

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 6:34 pm
Sorry but even with a separate doorway I would not bring strangers into/near my home not with my kids!

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 6:34 pm
you wrote "having strangers in your home" and "how do your children find it" -- would not do this it can be a crazy world out there
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics