Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Need roasted potatoe recipe
Previous  1  2

tammy

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 9:12 am
I cut up any kind of potatoes into wedges, toss them with a little bit of oil, salt and freshly ground pepper, spread them out in a baking pan (on parchment paper) and roast at 500 for 20 minutes. The temperature sounds high but it does the job quickly and well. My kids love them but they do not reheat well.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 9:26 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Do all these (very similar) recipes reheat well? If I make them Thursday night can I reheat on Friday afternoon? How to avoid them getting all dried out?

So, Green, there is no way to make these Thursday night for shabbos? I get home less than 2 hours before candle lighting.... Sad

ANYBODY ELSE?

I tend to cook my food friday afternoon ... hot and ready just before shabbos ... they only take a minute to put in the oven ... cut them up & spice the night before in pan ready for oven ...

Ima'la

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 5:49 pm
Don't they turn black?

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 6:03 pm
Ima'la wrote:
Don't they turn black?

hm ... I don't know ... never tried it ... shock even coated in oil ?

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 6:51 pm
there is a yummy recipe in kosher pallette (I think) baby potatoes tossed in olive oil and (lots of) ground garlic, rosemary, and I think salt and pepper. Cook for an hour on 350, turn up a little to brown. I would think you could prepare these the night b4 and they would not go brown. I've prpeared them them a couple of hours before putting them in the oven.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 6:58 pm
Raisin wrote:
there is a yummy recipe in kosher pallette (I think) baby potatoes tossed in olive oil and (lots of) ground garlic, rosemary, and I think salt and pepper. Cook for an hour on 350, turn up a little to brown. I would think you could prepare these the night b4 and they would not go brown. I've prpeared them them a couple of hours before putting them in the oven.

that is exactly what we are talking about ... I thought the same ... What Scratching Head well somebody try it and let us know ...

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 7:22 pm
[quote="challi"]I cut them up and toss with salt, garlic, paprika, olive oil, a dash of pepper, and a bit of lemon juice.

I also add other root vege's sometimes to the mix like parsnips, carrots, sweet potato, turnup etc. really yummy[/quote]

I'm trying this for shabbos - thanks! What do you think if I left out the lemon....I'm not such a lemon juice fan.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 06 2007, 7:25 pm
maybe you only need the lemon if you cut up the night before to prevent discoloration ...

baseballmom

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 12:53 am
greenfire wrote:
Raisin wrote:

that is exactly what we are talking about ... I thought the same ... What Scratching Head well somebody try it and let us know ...

I've done it before...they turn somewhat black...not great.

mumoo

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 1:10 am
cut potaotes (use 3 colors for appearance) cut onions, peeled garlic bulbs, toss with oil and onion soup mix (yeah, I use onion soup mix, so sue me)

easy and tons of compliments

make a lot

sarahd

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 4:34 am
Whole (baby) potatoes are not going to go brown/black overnight; you only have a problem if you're cutting up the spuds.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes