Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Doona vs regular car seat

gomom!

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 4:59 pm
Soon to have a baby and not sure of the doona is all that worth it since I have heard it’s very heavy and doesn’t fit in a shopping cart. Curious what others opinions are. Also it’s rly expensive so it has to be worth it!

simba

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 5:06 pm
How much are you in and out of a car?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 5:29 pm
If you live in Brooklyn definitely a regular car seat. If you live in monsey or Lakewood maybe maybe a doona. A child grows out of a doona after 9 months so I don't recommend it. Either way you have to close it etc. Most people are buying the cruz UPPAbaby for $600.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 6:21 pm
I live in lakewood and enjoy the Doona alot, it doesnt fit on the top of a shopping cart but can fit in the back. If its a regular size cart, then theres no room for anything else in it. The best part is that I am never schlepping a car seat up steps or anywhere, Only lifting it into the car. It rolls up steps and down the steps very easily. Its amazing not to have to take out a snap n go from the trunk. I agree with a previous poster, if you live in brooklyn and walk alot, u may want the regular car seat because the snap n go has a nice basket underneath.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 6:37 pm
A lot of people sell their doona after a year and make back some of the money.
Maybe looked for a used one or buy with the intention of selling it.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 7:32 pm
The only issue I have with the doona (aside from price) is that people tend to leave sleeping babies in it, which can potentially be very dangerous for an infant. It’s cool nvenirnt, but it’s not really safe.

joyful mom

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 7:38 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
The only issue I have with the doona (aside from price) is that people tend to leave sleeping babies in it, which can potentially be very dangerous for an infant. It’s cool nvenirnt, but it’s not really safe.

Why isn't it safe?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 8:51 pm
joyful mom wrote:
Why isn't it safe?

Unless they are in the car, where the seat is angled properly, infants (or any baby who can not hold up their own head) should not be in the car seat for a prolonged amount of time, because their head can droop, causing an obstruction to their wind pipe.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 9:18 pm
I’m in the suburbs and love my regular car seat with a snap and go. Great basket and so easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics