Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
How to celebrate bat mitzvah in israel

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 6:30 pm
We have a family simcha in Israel about the same time as my daughter's bat mitzvah. We were thinking of combining the two. What can we do that's special for the bat mitzvah?

As we would bring the whole family for the other simcha anyhow, I don't feel I can say the trip itself is the celebration.
We will probably have a small party back home for family.
Thanks!

salt

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 4:09 am
amother wrote:
We have a family simcha in Israel about the same time as my daughter's bat mitzvah. We were thinking of combining the two. What can we do that's special for the bat mitzvah?

As we would bring the whole family for the other simcha anyhow, I don't feel I can say the trip itself is the celebration.
We will probably have a small party back home for family.
Thanks!

In Jerusalem, there is a centre called Shalva that advances programs and facilities for the disabled (I believe mainly children).
They have a program called 'Come Dance With Us!’ which is a special Bar/Bat mitzvah program where you come and celebrate with the children of Shalva.
Look at http://www.shalva.org/new/port.....ct-2/

Would something like that interest you? Your children?

You could couple that with visits to the Kotel, Kever Rachel, Ir David, Tzfat, Meiron, Dead Sea, anywhere really, depending on what your family enjoys - history, hiking, religious sites, museums...

cinnamon

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 5:26 am
salt wrote:
In Jerusalem, there is a centre called Shalva that advances programs and facilities for the disabled (I believe mainly children).
They have a program called 'Come Dance With Us!’ which is a special Bar/Bat mitzvah program where you come and celebrate with the children of Shalva.
Look at http://www.shalva.org/new/port.....ct-2/

Would something like that interest you? Your children?

You could couple that with visits to the Kotel, Kever Rachel, Ir David, Tzfat, Meiron, Dead Sea, anywhere really, depending on what your family enjoys - history, hiking, religious sites, museums...

This is amazing!
My daughter just turned elevn. I'm saving this for her bat mitzva next year.

DrMom

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 6:46 am
You could also do Pantry Packers (packing up food packages for needy families).
You could do a hike or visit to someplace connected to the parsha or haftorah. Hire a tour guide if you want.
You could visit someplace with historical/religious value (The Kotel, Ir David, Kotel Tunnels, etc etc etc.)
You could do "Dig For a Day" in Beit Guvrin - archaeological excavations from the Second Temple Period

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 6:52 pm
Thank you! I will look into the shalva and the pantry packers. Along those lines was what I had in mind!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics