Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
At my wits end please help with terrible skin!
Previous  1  2

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 11:09 pm
Dermatologist.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 11:43 pm
I’ve been cursed with adult acne my whole life. Mostly resolved in the year since I went low carb, weirdly.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 12:01 am
amother wrote:
Accutane!! Please tell me you've tried this already... it really works.

I wish it was covered by insurance for adults. I would have to pay $400 a month put of pocket for the pills. I've looked into it. Sad

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 5:19 am
Had cystic acne in my early 20’s and it became absolutely horrific during my first pregnancy, I looked like a monster. Nursed my newborn for six weeks then went on BC and did actutane for six month so or so. Cleared everything up...it’s 11 years later and I can count on one hand the amount of pimples I’ve had since then ( though I do have scarring, sadly). B’h had another four kids and no acne ever again.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 9:36 am
andrea levy wrote:
I’ve been cursed with adult acne my whole life. Mostly resolved in the year since I went low carb, weirdly.

Low carb and eliminate sugar (waaaaaaay easier said than done - and don't replace with fake sugar either). Doctors don't really learn too much about nutrition (if at all?) so you won't get this advice from a doc, but anecdotally, diet changes can hugely affect the body and skin.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 10:32 am
Thank you so much for all advice. I will try some of them.
However, I wasn’t referring only to acne. It’s also the redness, uneven skin tone to my face, and He rough bumpy texture.
Is it possible for me to have an even colored, and smooth, silky face?

thnkuHashem2146

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 10:58 am
I also have red dots on my skin besides pimples - that's what I like about daniela ( Eval by email) she really knows her stuff she was able to tell me that some of the red dots were blood vessels that are part of the healing process and because I have such fair skin you can see them (common with fair skin people) she also said some look like it could be rosacea not acne (though we've ruled that out now)
It doesn't hurt to get the free evaluation that way you know more about your skin and can figure out your next step good luck!

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 11:05 am
I used creams and had facials my whole life always had acne. I completely stopped sugar (not even ketchup), white flour, much less bread and eat healthier in general. I eat much more vegetables. For a period of time I ate no dairy too but now I am fine with it.
I still Drink only water and go walking or exercise at least a few times a week.
I haven't got a facial in years and no acne at all.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much for all advice. I will try some of them.
However, I wasn’t referring only to acne. It’s also the redness, uneven skin tone to my face, and He rough bumpy texture.
Is it possible for me to have an even colored, and smooth, silky face?

Try the Kheil's it really improved my skin all around, the texture, smoothness and blotchiness. And their prices are not unreasonable. I actually started using it because I noticed that a family member with not great skin was looking so much better, and asked her what had changed and she told me about it.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 10:30 pm
Be careful with Accutane and drugs .they could affect you. I had horrible acne as a teen and on and once I was careful with sugar white flour etc...it all cleared.as soon as I eat sugar I pop pimples all over.pizza etc...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 10:38 pm
I had horrible skin as a teen and did everything I could. I drank water, cut sugar white flour, did chemical peels, went for facials etc and nothing helped. The only thing that worked was accutane. If you use accutane as directed, you will usually be fine. Like every medication, they have to warn you about side affects. In this case, it almost certainly causes birth defects hence the sever warning about being on birth control.
As far as skin care in general-wash with a gentle cleanser twice daily, exfoliate 2-3 Times a week, moisturize twice daily (with a moisturizer thata good for YOUR skin), use serums and masks. What is good for one persons skin, isn’t necessarily good for the next. Find the products that are right for you. Drinking water, diet and excersize definitely help. They might not completely change your skin but they help

Jstar

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 12:44 am
Drink 8 glasses water a day, and iff you can avoid dairy that also helps! I use the skin care line by Shaklee called Youth and its really good, very nurturing for skin. Its potent and safe and smells good. Pm me for more info.

Good luck!!!

bamba

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 2:13 am
Check out a company called junkfreebeauty. I think they have Instagram if u have.
I heard abt someone recently who had similar probs to u and their products really helped her
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics