Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mysterious Benedikt society books

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 6:28 pm
Does anybody know if all the books in this series are “kosher” And appropriate for kids to read?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 7:19 pm
I don't remember anything that wasn't but it's been a while since I read them. I love this series.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 8:11 pm
I didn't read them myself, but I was told by people I trust that they're fine. (At least for my kids who do have access to other secular books, for better or worse.)

seeker

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 9:35 pm
Not sure if anything happened since then, but I have the first three books and consider them A-OK. They are high quality books - interesting, enjoyable, stimulating, and not trashy. Just the right amount of scary to keep you excited and turning pages but not having nightmares (well, hopefully.) No undignified language and I don't recall any iffy romance. I'd feel optimistic about any future books in this series, and hope the author starts something new and different as well.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:35 pm
My son wrote him a letter and he got a response, a little more personalized than a standard form letter...just as an FYI if someone needs an activity for kids to do Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:35 pm
[He wrote another book, The Secret Keepers, BTW. My sons both read it within a day. ]

flapsmom

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 9:13 pm
Oh my! Some of the best books out there!! Totally clean, nothing the slightest iffy.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 4:59 am
There's nothing like IRL feedback like you'll get here but as an FYI you can also check out the secular book list on www.chinuch.org.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics