Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is Chofetz Chaim Convention comfortable for potential BT'S?

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, May 05 2018, 11:49 pm
If youve been to a Chofetz Chaim Heritage Foundation Convention, is it a warm and comfortable and accepting atmosphere for potential BT'S, not yet frum, or is it mostly FFBs who come and a better match for FFBs and already acclimated and adjusted BTs?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 12:58 am
I didn’t see this convention advertised.
When and where is it?

I would assume such a convention would be enjoyable for everyone but I would call them to confirm.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 1:22 am
If you can convince 'potential' BTs to attend a conference with a 9 Rabbi lineup.. then why not?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 3:02 am
amother wrote:
If you can convince 'potential' BTs to attend a conference with a 9 Rabbi lineup.. then why not?

Because if the atmosphere isnt warm towards people in different levels of frumkeit, like a crowd of all FFBs, some of whom may stare, etc, it can be very damaging.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 10:23 am
I haven't been, and although the topic is about ahavas yisrael and not judging others, I would still imagine that the crowd will be heavily FFB, and the speeches will be full of Yiddish expressions that would be hard for a potential BT to understand. I'm sure people will go out of their way to try to be friendly and welcoming, but I could imagine your guest still feeling out of place and uncomfortable.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 10:54 am
Look into the Gateways convention. That is specifically geared towards people who are not Frum yet. It’s in a 5 star hotel and the speaches are inspiring. There will be many not yet Frum people there.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:19 pm
What is the nature of this event? Is it I.e. singles event, family event ? Is it suitable for single Bais Yackov girls to go in a group?

doctorima

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:33 pm
It's definitely not a singles event. I would imagine most people attending are couples or families, but the speeches will be inspiring and enjoyable for single girls, and if they go with a group of their friends, they should have a nice time.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:42 pm
doctorima wrote:
It's definitely not a singles event. I would imagine most people attending are couples or families, but the speeches will be inspiring and enjoyable for single girls, and if they go with a group of their friends, they should have a nice time.

Thank you. Smile

kb

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 12:28 am
There are shadchanim available to meet singles at the convention.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics