Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
ORGANIZATION NEEDED, PLEASE HELP

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Sep 10 2007, 5:53 pm
I met an israeli lady today who needs a sponsor for her work visa so she can stay here.

I dont know much about her or why she came, just that she is divorced, knows absolutely no english, and doesnt know anyone in this country.

is there an organization of some sort that could help put her in touch with the right people so she can get her visa and stay here??

does anyone know??

baba

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 12:16 am
Maybe the sochnut would no what to do?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 2:08 am
You mean she wants to stay permanently? So she needs to get a 'green card' not a visa. and she needs a sponsor for that. not so simple.
Unless she wants to keep extending her visa.
There are organizations that help ppl. apply for green cards, but I dont think they help them find a sponsor.
Good luck to her.

YALT

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 4:10 am
Sometimes the lawyer (or was it the community council?) will help find a sponsor. But she needs to pay quite a bit of money to "buy" the sponsor. You see, if she does anything wrong, the sponsor will be in trouble.
But why does she want to stay here? She ain't gonna make it unless she has a job. She cannot benefit from any gov't benefits until she's an AMERICAN CITIZEN. If she has a greencard, and they find out she's on benefits, they will fine her and/or take away her greencard. WARNING: Many ppl. will say it's not true, that they have greencards and were never caught. I know a few ppl who got caught. One lost their greencard and had to start over (can't restart right away) another's sponsor had been charged $15,000.00 for the "alien" being on medicaid. Now don't get mixed up. According to Medicaid, food stamps, etc.. they will say that a greencard holder can go on the program. But if INS finds out - then you'll be in trouble.

But can I ask why she wants to move here???? Life ain't easy here without benefits. I can tell you. DH has a greencard, good job, and I have a job, and we're just making it.

Good Luck! But advise her not to overstay her limit! Start the process right away!

YALT

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 4:19 am
Sorry. I forgot to answer your question.

I can give you the name & number of 2 lawyers. 1 is a family friend and the other we used. The one we used, most ppl. did get their greencards thru her, but she is very hard to work with. she so unorganized, and it takes longer because of it. You can also try Community Councils (Boro Park, Williamsburg, Flatbush,Crown Heights) they may be able to help. They also sometimes have an immigration lawyer that works with them (that's how we got ours. But apparently, Williamsburg "trashes the lawyers that aren't up to par.

You can PM me for more info/numbers..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics