Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Legal Playgroup in Monsey

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 10:04 pm
Things just fell into place and we are moving to Monsey.

I need a playgroup for my daughter who is turning 4 in January. I would really really like a proper program, that is also legally run.

Anywhere in Main Monsey or ill even go to airmont or chestnut ridge.. but not new hempstead/weasley area.

Bais Yaakov Hashkafa

THANK YOU!!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 10:48 pm
If she's turning 4 why wont you send her to nursery school?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 10:55 pm
Chofetz Chaim Playgroup is supposed to be a great place. I've only heard people saying good things about it. But I don't have any other info. Maybe someone else can chime in.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 11:33 pm
Chofetz Chaim playgroup is terrific. It's legal and run very professionally. They have 2 locations, on Grandview Ave and Highview Ave. They accept 4 year olds, but you'll have to call to see if there's still space. You'llfind all types of people there. My daughter is in the kindergarten class this year. She still wears shorts and short sleeves, but her best friend at school wears long sleeves and knee socks.
It's a very loving, accepting preschool.

845-357-6391

To the amother commenting about regular school - the only schools in Monsey that have nursery classes are chassidish. School here starts at age 5.

monseymom25

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 6:39 am
Quote:
the only schools in Monsey that have nursery classes are chassidish. School here starts at age 5.

I'm not sure why you would say this. All mainstream schools in monsey that I know of start with a class for kids who are 4 (by December 1) called kindergarten or UPK. Then Pre1A for kids who are 5 (by December 1) YSV has a nursery class for age 3, which is OP's child who will not be 4 till after the deadline.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 8:36 am
monseymom25 wrote:
Quote:
the only schools in Monsey that have nursery classes are chassidish. School here starts at age 5.

I'm not sure why you would say this. All mainstream schools in monsey that I know of start with a class for kids who are 4 (by December 1) called kindergarten or UPK. Then Pre1A for kids who are 5 (by December 1) YSV has a nursery class for age 3, which is OP's child who will not be 4 till after the deadline.

Correct, but that is a very small window of children that are still for when they start kindergarten. Being that the deadline is December one, most kids are already 5 when they start school. I have seen this many many times and all the schools my kids have been in, and trust me it has been many schools.

I said what I did because someone asked about sending the OP's child to a nursery class in a mainstream school, I'm assuming, and I was simply explaining that it is not so common here for such young children

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 4:12 pm
anyone have the number for cc on highview?

any idea how muchit costs?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 12:06 am
amother wrote:
anyone have the number for cc on highview?

any idea how muchit costs?

845-357-6391
$400 per month
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics