Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Waxing arm

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:18 am
My teenage daughter wants to remove her arm hair, she says she has too much and is embarrassed of it. Do 8th graders do this? I don't mind taking her for a waxing as long as its an appropriate thing for a girl to do? Are there any better ways for her to remove it?

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:20 am
MUch too young. My beautician says skin is too sensitive under 16. The salons often don't take under 16 or 18 (mineà.

cozyblanket

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:23 am
Maybe she can bleach it.

She may not like how it looks when it starts to grow back. I would stay away from any kind of hair removal on the arm.

madys

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:35 am
You can use an electric shaver or nair. I use a shaver on my own arms (after waxing a few times years ago) the shaver works well and I only need to shave every other week. It looks so much better.

I use the Finishing Touch Yes shaver. It's around $10

Also, my 17 year old daughter has a lot of dark brown hair on her arms, and it doesn't bother her at all, and I don't pressure her to remove it. It's a personal preference.

Learning

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 11:36 am
Don’t shave or wax arm hair. It will grow back and be itchy and stubby. Bleach it and later or now do Lazer or electrolysis.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 11:58 am
I wax my arm hair and it grows back soft. It barely hurts in that area (lower arm). found it so challenging when I was young and had so much body hair.

rosenbal

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:
I wax my arm hair and it grows back soft. It barely hurts in that area (lower arm). found it so challenging when I was young and had so much body hair.

Totally agree! Let her do it. I was always super self conscious about my arm hair as a teen. I wish my mother had taken me. I've taken my daughter starting at age 12 for upper lip waxes (she wanted to). Her hair is lighter than mine so she hadn't asked about arms but I wouldn't hesitate! Especially now before the summer, your dad will feel so much more comfortable with herself.

Do NOT shave. Waxed hair grows back nice and soft and eventually will be a little thinner as well.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:51 pm
I did electrolysis when I was 20. Before that I bleached it. I wanted to wax but someone told me that if you shave when you kiss it will prick your partner...

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 4:05 pm
Learning wrote:
Don’t shave or wax arm hair. It will grow back and be itchy and stubby. Bleach it and later or now do Lazer or electrolysis.

I shave my forearms. It does not itch when it grows back. Its not stubbly.

Laser would cost thousands of dollars. Do people really have that kind of money to blow on hair removal for an 8th grader?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children