Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
"what's that?" stage - vent

smiley:)

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 3:14 pm
My 2 yr old got into the "what's that?" stage, much like the "why stage." AHHHHH!!!!!! I am going CRAZY!!!!!!! He knows the names of all his trucks cold, for months already. But he brings every truck to me 10 times in 2 minutes and asks me "what's that." And then he proceeds to tell me the truck is not ours when he knows full well it is. When I go for a walk with him he points to EVERY car as it passes and asks "what;s that?" And then repeats the make of the car after us. It is maddening!!!!!!! Ok, we are moving in 2 days and are all a little edgy but it is making me buggy, along with him waking his brother every 2 seconds, tantruming all the time since he hasnt been getting enough sleep - combo of our 1 hr time change, and being woken by the moving frenzy.
The other thing is BH it is a bracha that he is such a with it kid but he doesnt stop talking from morning till night (which is very late!) It is really not a bad thing but it could make one CRAZY!!!!
Thanks all for the vent. Sigh.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 3:18 pm
Here is the solution:
When he asks 'what's that' about something you know he knows the answer to, you answer 'what is it then?' (We did it in Hebrew, so no responsibility if the magic doesn't work in English.)

Of course, if he might really want to know, then answer him properly.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 3:19 pm
I remember that stage. u just have to answer them each time and smile, kiss them and hug them, and then, before u know it the stage is over Wink

what u can also do is say hey silly u know! what is that..?

smiley:)

Post Sun, Sep 16 2007, 3:46 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Here is the solution:
When he asks 'what's that' about something you know he knows the answer to, you answer 'what is it then?' (We did it in Hebrew, so no responsibility if the magic doesn't work in English.)

Of course, if he might really want to know, then answer him properly.

Tried that. He keeps asking. Or says "Imma should say."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics