Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
End of the year poem

NewMom36

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 6:18 pm
I want to thank my daughters morah at the end of the year. I thought it would be cute to include a poem thanking her for teaching my daughter the Aleph Beis but I am terrible at writing! Can anyone help me out with a cute poem? I know there are some really talented people here! TIA!

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 6:40 pm
Please just write a heartfelt note, sans rhymes. I’m a teacher and unfortunately but honestly I would throw your poem right into the garbage. Just write something sincere and sweet from your heart, with a specific example or two so it seems personalized.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 7:25 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
Please just write a heartfelt note, sans rhymes. I’m a teacher and unfortunately but honestly I would throw your poem right into the garbage. Just write something sincere and sweet from your heart, with a specific example or two so it seems personalized.

I just want you to know that I've had menahelim call me to tell me that rebbeim brought them poems that I wrote to the rebbe ,that they were so touched by my words and felt the need to have them read it too . The menahel Called me and told me that he keeps a copy of the poem in his file drawer. He said my poems are a perfect example of hakaras hatov to a rebbe.
My younger DS is in a different school and his rebbe told my DH at the dinner two weeks ago that he keeps the poem I wrote whenever he needs chizuk and is having a hard day.
I've been told numerous times by Rebbes and teachers in different schools that my poems have been a great chizuk to them and extremely meaningful. It is all in the way it is written.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 7:35 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I just want you to know that I've had menahelim call me to tell me that rebbeim brought them poems that I wrote to the rebbe ,that they were so touched by my words and felt the need to have them read it too . The menahel Called me and told me that he keeps a copy of the poem in his file drawer. He said my poems are a perfect example of hakaras hatov to a rebbe.
My younger DS is in a different school and his rebbe told my DH at the dinner two weeks ago that he keeps the poem I wrote whenever he needs chizuk and is having a hard day.
I've been told numerous times by Rebbes and teachers in different schools that my poems have been a great chizuk to them and extremely meaningful. It is all in the way it is written.

Of course, you’re right. I guess the poems I’ve gotten, and probably the ones that would be written by an anonymous woman on here, don’t come across as very personal. A poem written from the heart would be just as wonderful as a regular note.

mrs me

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 8:50 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:

I agree- if it's even two lines that don't rhyme, but are specific and personalized to the teacher and her work, it is so meaningful! I have many, many notes saved from over the years... they aren't the generic, written by someone else type.

mrs me

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 8:58 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I took her post to mean that rather than having someone ELSE write a poem about a teacher she never met, she shud just write a heartfelt note without rhyming if that's the only way she can write.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 9:05 pm
I save notes. The ones that are specific literally make me tear. I'm emotional that way, but sincerity is much more important than rhyme.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:09 pm
I don't know why some people think that a poem is somehow better than a note. To me it's juvenile and a little insincere. Just write from the heart.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:09 pm
Deleted

NewMom36

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 6:53 am
It could be I didn’t explain myself well. I would definitely include some personal things thanking her. I thought it would be cute to include a poem either written out in aleph beis format or something like:
Alef beis gimmel daled hey
Dear morah _____ there’s something we wanted to say
Vav zayin ches tes yud
Doing more for our daughter than we thought anyone could
Cuf lamed mem nun samach
??? What rhymes with samach
That was my general idea and I wanted to know if someone can help me out
Thanks!

singleagain

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 8:25 am
NewMom36 wrote:
It could be I didn’t explain myself well. I would definitely include some personal things thanking her. I thought it would be cute to include a poem either written out in aleph beis format or something like:
Alef beis gimmel daled hey
Dear morah _____ there’s something we wanted to say
Vav zayin ches tes yud
Doing more for our daughter than we thought anyone could
Cuf lamed mem nun samach
??? What rhymes with samach
That was my general idea and I wanted to know if someone can help me out
Thanks!

If you can't think of what rhymes with samach, why not drop it and rhyme with nun.. or add ayin.. to rhyme with, it doesn't have to keep to the five five of the first two lines. Especially since aleph bet is only 22 letters
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers