Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Apple Kugel

LibbyS

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:16 pm
anyone have a good recipe for apple kugel?

shoy18

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:21 pm
I dont have measurements but this is my recipe, kind of created myself.

melted margarine, flour and sugar to make crumb mixture, it usually works out to about 1 stick of margerine, 1 cup or sugar, and 1.25 cups of flour

cortland or macintosh apples, but into thin squares, sprinkle with lemon juice and cinanomon.

Put some crumbs on the bottom or if you like a thick bottom make extra crumbs and press a whole layer or crumbs on the bottom of the pan, put apples then crumbs on top and bake at 350 until the top its crisp.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:28 pm
There's a great apple kugel recipe in either Kosher Palette or KBD entertains - it's the one that calls for apricot jelly.

happymom

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:34 pm
mix 6 granny smith apples with one can of cranberry sauce

on bottom and on top of pan put:

one cup of flour
a drop of vanilla
a little brown sugar (maybe a third of a cup.. however much u want)
one and a half cups of oatmeal
and a little bit of cinamon

I made the amounds up since im not sure.. it could be a little less flour, a little more oil, but this is basically the amounts I put

bake on 350 for an hour and fifteen minutes

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 4:52 pm
FOOLPROOF AND DELICIOUS APPLE KUGEL

I think it's too sweet for a regular Friday night, but on yomtov when there's so many meals, a little change/something extra is nice. Can be used as dessert, too.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup oil
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 3 or 4 thinly sliced apples, any kind (food processor is helpful)

Variation: add one packet vanilla sugar (I add some liquor instead); add cinnamon and/or ginger to suit your taste, add any chopped nut

Directions:

• Combine all ingredients and bake in an 8 by 8 pan for an hour at 350. ENJOY!

Note: This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9 by 13 pan or tripled and baked in an 11 by 17 pan. Freezes well.

cindy324

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:54 pm
I can vouch for CM's recipe, DELICIOUS!

Just so you know though, the batter will look very thick, and you'll wonder if you did it right (at least I did LOL )but don't worry, just mix it with the apples , pour in the pan, and it'll come out perfect.

bashinda

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:59 pm
There's a lokshen kugel thta has apples in the Lubavitch purple cookbook if you have it. It's a sweet lokshen kugel but part of the sweetness is that you put apples and raisins in it. I like it and it's not as sweet as typical apple kugels.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes