Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help! Contractor really messed up!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:49 pm
We hired a frum contractor to redo our den and bathroom which included removing wall paper, sheet rocking, tiling bathroom, painting, and putting down a vinyl plank flooring that looks like tiles/wood. They made the direction of the planks the short way instead of parallel to the long wall. I knew something looked off and I googled it and saw that you ALWATS ALWAYS put tiles parallel to the longer wall to make room look longer, otherwise it looks choppy. That’s exactkh how the room looks! I feel terrible bec this is a frum man who has done work for us before and is always so so nice. How do I “complain” without being rude? This is a very expensive job-I dontcwantbti gave to pay someone else to fix it! At the same time the house is full of dust and they’re almost done- should I just forget it??? I’m SO upset and feel like we just threw out thousands of saved up money for a huge mistake Sad

newbie613

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:56 pm
We had something similar when we redid our bathroom. The contractor redid it (he wanted us to be happy) and it took an extra day. I vote for saying something and hopefully it won’t take more than a day or two to fix.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 9:58 pm
Honestly I think your right- they did most of the floor today which means it only took them one day so what is one extra day of fixing it...they had to cut it to fit though so I don’t even know if it’s possible to change...Sad

newbie613

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
Honestly I think your right- they did most of the floor today which means it only took them one day so what is one extra day of fixing it...they had to cut it to fit though so I don’t even know if it’s possible to change...Sad

In my case they lay the tile in the wrong direction and the contractor paid for new tiles. It’s part of customer service. We felt terrible but when you spend so much money you want it done right.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 10:15 pm
I'm surprised that nobody asked you what direction you would like.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jul 03 2018, 11:10 pm
Actually your contractor should have asked you about about direction but that is totally not a rule I def wldnt call it a mistake. If it’s really bothering you ask him, but the tiles are already cut so you’ll need new ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics