Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Can I Break My Fast?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:25 pm
The fast is over at 7:35 locally. I will be stuck at home with the babies all day. DH won't be home until an hour after. May I break my fast as soon as it is over?

Many will say that I can make havdalah for myself. However, there is no way that a woman by herself can make a full havdalah with a candle and besamim, since it is motzei shabbos?

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:37 pm
Maybe you can go to a neighbor or relative in the area whose husband will be home earlier. I know that I am having a neighbor come to us, since her husband goes out of town for YK.

Helani

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:45 pm
I remember asking a shaila and was told to break the fast even before havdalah and not wait for my husband. BUT you should ask yourself.

match

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:49 pm
amother wrote:
However, there is no way that a woman by herself can make a full havdalah with a candle and besamim, since it is motzei shabbos?

Sorry, but can you explain why? What's the problem to make a full havdolah by yourself? I did plenty of times, with the besomim and with the candle.. Question Scratching Head

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:55 pm
Make by yourself with grape juice. When your husband comes home, you can hear his havdaleh. I don't htink it's a shaylah at all.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:56 pm
it is a shaila whether a woman uses the candle for havdalah.....

I think I remember our rav telling us that we (women) could eat as soon as the fast was over....but maybe that was when I was pg...

worth a shaila!

stem

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 9:57 pm
I was told that I have to make havdala first.

chanab

Post Fri, Sep 21 2007, 6:57 am
you could make havdala without candles and besamim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur