Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Monsey. Daycare or Playgroup Needed

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:44 pm
I'm new to Monsey. Salut I need a place to send my 2 year old. I work and so does my husband. In Brooklyn we were eligible for daycare. Are there daycare options in Monsey? Or any really clean, well run playgroup that offers transportation?

Help I'm really desperate. Any leads would be appreciated.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:55 pm
No leads for you, but just be aware that "really clean" and "good" are not synonymous.

I sent my child to a really clean playgroup and in the beginning, he was happy. Mid-year though, the teacher had a major life change and started neglecting the kids, always being on the phone, etc. And I found out, she had locked him in a room to teach him a lesson once.
Eventually, my kid didn't want to go to playgroup anymore.

I pulled him out and switched him to a bigger, messier, happier place.

He was shocked at the change and developed a stutter for two weeks, and then came home one day and told me how much he loves the new place. Stutter went away.

Just be careful.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
No leads for you, but just be aware that "really clean" and "good" are not synonymous.

I sent my child to a really clean playgroup and in the beginning, he was happy. Mid-year though, the teacher had a major life change and started neglecting the kids, always being on the phone, etc. And I found out, she had locked him in a room to teach him a lesson once.
Eventually, my kid didn't want to go to playgroup anymore.

I pulled him out and switched him to a bigger, messier, happier place.

He was shocked at the change and developed a stutter for two weeks, and then came home one day and told me how much he loves the new place. Stutter went away.

Just be careful.

Oy.

I don't like to hear this.
As it is, I'm having a little anxiety about this issue. I just wish I'd be in Brooklyn and I'd be able to send to this daycare where my other kids went to.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:07 pm
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 12:12 pm
Welcome to Monsey!

Check out the classified section in the Connections, there are lots of playgroups advertised there. And ask for references.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 12:24 pm
There are plenty daycare playgroups. Maybe call the playgroup and ask them how to apply. There are some advertised in the community connections.

wifenmother

Post Tue, Jul 10 2018, 1:13 pm
I believe some schools have a separate daycare class in their pre-school division. Inquire with the school your children attend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries