Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Newborn photography can you recommend?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:08 pm
In Brooklyn
I want someone who takes stunning newborn photography and doesn’t charge a fortune.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:21 pm
There's a well-known member here named Tranquility and Peace, who takes stunning newborn pics. She's in Baltimore but seems to be well-connected professionally, so if you PM her, I'm sure she'll have a great recommendation for a colleague in Brooklyn.

Stars

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:31 pm
Dina duchan

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:33 pm
Rachel Abrams
Dina Duchan
Are both great

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:44 pm
doctorima wrote:
There's a well-known member here named Tranquility and Peace, who takes stunning newborn pics. She's in Baltimore but seems to be well-connected professionally, so if you PM her, I'm sure she'll have a great recommendation for a colleague in Brooklyn.

OMG is she Chaya Braun? Cuz I’m crazy over her work on instagram and was disappointed that she lives so far!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
OMG is she Chaya Braun? Cuz I’m crazy over her work on instagram and was disappointed that she lives so far!

Yes Very Happy

(She is very open about who she is)

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:01 pm
Omg!!! I love Chaya Braun! Watching her is my treat of the day! Her pictures are amazing!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:29 pm
I need to go to bed, but hopped on Imamother to see if anyone responded to my "Photographers for Women 25+" thread response, but nobody did, and I saw this! Smile Smile Smile

I'm Chaya Braun. (Most of the time, anyway...)

Dina Duchan is a very talented close friend, and she has taught me a lot!

Chavi Malka in Great Neck is another wonderful friend.

Rivka Singer is fabulous, in Roslyn, LI, if you like more elaborate setups.

Fay Simcha, Shirley Schvartzman, Rochel Konick... they're all great!

Google all their names for their sites.

Or come to Baltimore to me. Very Happy I actually have a client from Boro Park. She came 2 years ago for a cake smash, and again recently for pre-upsherin photos. I always tell her that we Baltimore people always go to NY for the best stuff; she has a great choice of photographers in NY, and I don't know why she comes to me! (She visits family here, but still!)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:40 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Omg!!! I love Chaya Braun! Watching her is my treat of the day! Her pictures are amazing!

Hahaha, I love you too! Heart

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 12 2018, 11:48 pm
Not op, I'm just wondering what the price range for a newborn session would be?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:23 am
Thank you Chaya! No wonder your name is tranquility and peace!! Just look at those peaceful photos!!

Would you consider coming to Brooklyn if a few amothers are due at the same time and want to book? 😀

What are the average prices for newborn photography?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:42 am
There are different packages to choose from in most cases. We used Rochel Konik and bought one of the more expensive pkgs $1000+. There are cheaper ones though.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 12:49 am
I checked out pricing of a newborn photographer. She starts at $400 for a 2-3 hour session. But I am sure there are cheaper ones.
Dina charges $250 for a session (just checked).

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 7:52 am
flowerpower wrote:
I checked out pricing of a newborn photographer. She starts at $400 for a 2-3 hour session. But I am sure there are cheaper ones.
Dina charges $250 for a session (just checked).

$250 is Dina's session fee. No photos are included at this price.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 8:00 am
amother wrote:
Thank you Chaya! No wonder your name is tranquility and peace!! Just look at those peaceful photos!!

Would you consider coming to Brooklyn if a few amothers are due at the same time and want to book? 😀

What are the average prices for newborn photography?

I once asked a contractor how much it costs to finish a basement, and he gave a very wise answer: how much does it cost to buy a dress?

Just as you can buy a dress for $50 at Marshall's and for $5,000 at Saks, you can find photographers at every level of skill and experience and price point.

I would come to Brooklyn for a few sesssion. It would mean that I'd drive 4 hours each way, park in Brooklyn (possibly the most challenging part since I can't parallel park in tight spaces!), load my mini van with many boxes of equipment, stay in a hotel for 2 or more nights, etc, so I would charge $1,800 travel fee is it's up to 4 sessions, which I can do over 2 days. Sessions generally last 3-4 hours, so I could do 2 per day, as there is also setup and cleanup time required before and after each session.

I don't know why you'd want to pay me to travel above my normal rates, when I listed some very talented women above!!!

You can see my rates here: chayabraun.com/catalog

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 9:57 am
was going to say PATIENCE

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jul 13 2018, 5:53 pm
If you want someone newer and cheaper you can try Brina Sklarz 347393604 she is very creative. Instagram Engagingpix.
I was very happy with my pictures.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sat, Jul 14 2018, 10:14 pm
Finky Koenig charges 250 for a newborn sessions, which includes 50 worth of photos. You could check her out on Instagram.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Jul 14 2018, 10:17 pm
You can also go to jcpenny and get pictures for very very cheap

Happydance

Post Sun, Jul 15 2018, 12:02 am
Omg I just observed a newborn photography session helping my sister with her baby, I couldn't believe how much work goes into a session!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics